TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2018 AMO Nationals - Auburn IN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Originally posted by amcglass amcglass wrote:

Originally posted by Have2SC's Have2SC's wrote:

Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Originally posted by Rogue343 Rogue343 wrote:

Originally posted by Rogue343 Rogue343 wrote:

I'm four hours out from Auburn right now on the drive from Az. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cam

If you're getting there today, you should have the beer on ice for us when we get there tomorrow! Big smile 

I'm here and the beer's cold! Will trade for parts.

Only parts I'm bringing are already sold.  Lee's bringing some parts so I'll trade you some of his parts for cold beer.  We just won't tell hm! LOL

Well, you're in luck then, because I already owe Lee all the beer he can drink. The distibutor I got from him is part of it, but mainly it's for winning the Teague cup last year so I don't have to compete against him this year!
LMAO!!LOL

Buying all the Beer Lee can drink may get you bankrupt Cam.   that buddy of mine can put em away...LOL    But seriously it will be good to see everyone also.   wasnt sure if I was going to get to go was on a massive water main break but got it finished   now gotta finish off the car and make the trip

Don't worry Randy. I'm getting Lee restocked. I went out last night and bought almost $80 worth of beer. Stella Artois, Heineken, and Corona Extra.  If I had bought Old Milwaukee, I wouldn't have been able to fit $80 of that in the car.

Looks like we have to let Alex off the hook for finally buying beer!  Now we just just have to find something else to give him a hard time about!
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by turbo turbo wrote:

Shipping is not that hard...

$$$ not so much work.............
When it's found for $75/side or 150/pair it's hard to see paying more than that per piece, PLUS shipping, which is bound to be a good $30 or more ($, although the way I've seen some other stuff shipped to me, there are times I question how some may view the difficulty part)
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 11:20am
But if you need it what else are you going to do?
they call me Capt RETIRED!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 11:36am
Wait until another event, like Cordova........... where I know people who can deliver one there. I'm not missing a window - it's got clear in it now, and I have the tinted with the teeny pit in it I can put in and use until a perfect one comes through. 
If I had no window, that would be different. 
But the original clear is in the car, and I have the one with the pit in it that may or may not be fixable - don't know that yet - that's why I was asking if they can be fixed like a windshield. If it can, I'll do that, if it can't, I'll install it as is and use it this way. It may last forever - it's already lasted for years. 
On the other hand, it would be worth shipping if I could buy a right one for the right money. 
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2018 at 11:59am
gotcha.....
they call me Capt RETIRED!
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 8:38am
Made it home to Arizona in three days. I normally try for only 500 miles per day when towing, but did about 650 on days two and three and saved a night of hotel cost. I try to stay at state parks or RV parks wherever possible and sleep in the truck, but the nights were just too warm on the way home to sleep comfortably without a/c so I stayed at motels.

Had headwinds all three days, which kept my fuel economy average to only about 11 mpg (vs. my usual 12.5), but otherwise uneventful drives both to and from Auburn… just the way I like them!

As always at AMO Nationals, i had a great time, made some new friends and came home with some cool swap meet treasures.

See you next year in St. Louis!

Edited by CamJam - Jul/05/2018 at 8:45am
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

390amx1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390amx1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 11:08am
Hey CamJam I am figuring you are the owner of the BBO that was next to my BBB at Auburn. I trust you did well in judging and glad you got back safe. We made the trip back to Ohio in 4 hours with lots of heat (and no AC) but the car was a trooper and averaged 17 mpg! Jim
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 2:11pm
Hey Jim… yeah that was me. 17 mpg? Wow, my BBO couldn't get that if it was downhill with a tailwind the whole way!

Loved your BBB, and very cool that you are such a long-time owner and drove it there. Don't know how you manage to keep it so nice!

Hope to see you next year at STL!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

390amx1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390amx1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 2:34pm
I told my wife the only way I'm driving to St. Louis is if I can add factory AC and maybe a 5 speed. I don't think I will be trailering it, to much work :) She wants to go to Denver the year after also! I will start looking into the factory air but am not overly optimistic about finding all the parts.... See ya...
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 5:07pm
CAM Glad you made it back with no issues.  see ya in St Lou  next year

Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic