TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 West Aussie Chrysler Day 2nd April

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 West Aussie Chrysler Day 2nd April
    Posted: Dec/17/2016 at 4:04pm
For anybody on the west coast, put this one in the calendar and of course east coasters are always welcome to dive over. Maybe a big road trip to top off the Albury show.

Hope to get a few AMC cars there to take on the Mopars.

Edited by WesternRed - Feb/13/2017 at 10:56pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2017 at 4:30am
I reckon this can become the main Western swing of the Aussie AMC shows. I like the poster you whipped up. That gives us The Melbourne Shannons American car show, Chryslers on the Murray in NSW, Cooly Rocks in QLD and now this one in WA. There is a Chrysler show in SA too I think just after the COTM

You can count on me to be at the WA one in 2020. Yeah that sounds a fiar way away. But car wont be finished until early 2018 at best. Then will be sorting out and do COTM etc in 2019. Once all the Gremlins sorted out :-) (my Hornet does have 2 Gremlin guards) I want to do all the shows in 2020 (except Cooly Rocks as they only take pre 1969 cars) as part of the 50 years of Hornets. Want to do in 2020- Summernats, Chryslers on the Murray, Flemington American car show and this WA car show
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2017 at 5:28am
The SA show is the week after COTM, then WA is the following weekend, so it would make for a good road trip.

The Classic Car Show in WA traditionally has the biggest Rambler turnout, 6-12 cars and there is usually a few cars at the Chrysler Show, which is only held every second year.

I'd like to do a few east coast shows with the 71 Jav when it's finished, the idea is to build that with long haul trips in mind. My 69 Javelin was driven from Tassie to Perth by my father when I bought it.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2017 at 10:58pm
Just an update on this one for anybody who happens to be watching, the drag racing part of the event has been cancelled, so just a regular show and shine with some cruising around the venue and maybe a small motorkhana type affair now.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2017 at 1:57am
So the day has come and gone and it was bloody awesome. The combination of the car show with a cruise around the venue and some driving events really made for a full on day.

Here is a bit of coverage of the event from Street Machine Magazine, Boris, who wrote the article is one of the AMC faithful so we got pretty good coverage considering there was only 7 AMC cars present out of around 160 cars in total.

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/events/1704/everything-chrysler-day-2017

And here is a really awesome video of some of the action at the show, I make a brief appearance near the start:

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=jyD5mBw5coo&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoFhq-EYXSmY%26feature%3Dshare

Edited by WesternRed - Apr/07/2017 at 5:51pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2017 at 5:55pm
AMC's on display:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2017 at 5:59pm

This one was for sale, interesting induction setup:

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2017 at 9:57pm
I know its still 3 years away but you can expect a black NSW registered Hornet there in 2020 :-) I have already booked in a co-driver to help drive it over. I will probably advertise at the previous years Chryslers on the Murray to see if we can get a handful of the 700 or so cars to convoy over with me. I am looking forward to that year. 50years of Hornet and I want to do Flemington American car show, 7th AMC/Rambler show here in Albury/Wodonga and the SA Chrysler show on way to WA all Chrysler day. looks like a good day over there

What is the story of that orange Charger Sports sedan with mid mount engine. Cool bit of gear that thing
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2017 at 7:58am
It's an old sports sedan raced by Ian Diffen back in the day, pretty cool bit of kit, mid mounted 340, tube frame and trick suspension under the body.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic