TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 NAMDRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POWERSTROKER7.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2017 at 2:05am
. JFYI
The unforeseen circumstances that NAMDRA was postponed.
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2017 at 11:19am
This works great for me (and a few others)... Not so much.
I couldn't make Kenosha so I was looking forward to going to Cordova and bringing a trailer full of parts to sell off.

I may just go anyway. Less the trailer full of parts of coarse.
Bob Halverson View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Halverson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2017 at 7:55am
Some of us are still planning to go to Cordova for that weekend, NAMDRA or not. The Friday racing was always the usual time runs and gambler's races anyhow. The Saturday morning runs may not happen if we don't have enough cars for them to pay their track officials. But the afternoon program and the Sunday start for the Hot Rod Drag week should make it worth the trip. Hope to see you there!!!!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

I couldn't make Kenosha so I was looking forward to going to Cordova and bringing a trailer full of parts to sell off.

BRING THE PARTS.
Like many others dozens and dozens I go for the swap and show. 
Besides, my race car is still on stands waiting for me to get time to put the front suspension back together with disk brakes from my donor car. 

It's obvious to those who choose to observe that the swap and show are big draws. Compare numbers - cars on tracks vs. show cars vs. swap/vendors. (Some will refuse to see the other parts as important, of course)
I know a pair of fellows who for the past two years came to the meet from the NY area- so tell me the swap does't draw a diverse and large group of people. 
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

BRING THE PARTS.
Like many others dozens and dozens I go for the swap and show. 
Besides, my race car is still on stands waiting for me to get time to put the front suspension back together with disk brakes from my donor car. 

It's obvious to those who choose to observe that the swap and show are big draws. Compare numbers - cars on tracks vs. show cars vs. swap/vendors. (Some will refuse to see the other parts as important, of course)
I know a pair of fellows who for the past two years came to the meet from the NY area- so tell me the swap does't draw a diverse and large group of people. 

There is no NAMDRA event, it was cancelled at Kenosha 2017. SH
AMC RACES event coordinator
Former NAMDRA Vice President-
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 7:40pm
And that's where there is confusion - some say cancelled at Kenosha, while others say no, that has changed since then. 
Which is it??
Some say it's one, some point clear back to Kenosha and a sign saying cancelled. I talked to a postal worker at Kenosha who said she carried mail related to NAMDRA, etc.  (didn't say WHO was on her route) but she said "looks like it's on" and others at Kenosha also said it's on. 

It seems even NAMDRA members are giving mixed signals. 

I've been on boards of clubs, and have served on business boards including Farm Bureau (and talk about things that could get heated) - and have never seen anything like this. 

My wife did a Google search the other day as she wanted the dates and found SEVERAL sites showing it as still on, listing dates, etc. so on or not, there WILL be many people there.
To not have it an official notice has to be mailed out to all past attendees - otherwise people will be doing what she did and finding the dates - and going since there is no official cancellation other than "I saw a sign" somewhere. 

Until or unless an official notice goes out, people WILL go and if it's been cancelled and people not duly notified, there will be #%@$ to pay for sure. Trust is already gone. 
javjav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by amcjock1 amcjock1 wrote:

NAMDRA is not canceled but the AMC NATIONALS for this year is! In 40 years this is only the 2nd. time it has not been held. BUT WAIT - We are already on working to make next years AMC NATIONALS the best ever!!! All help to do this will be appreciate, but negatives about it can kiss my old rear!!!

From a previous post.
-Reproduction Clutch Linkage Brackets, Ball Stud Pivots & Z Bars
-Door Hinge Rebuild Service
-NOS and used parts for Javelin and AMX
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 7:24am

And that's where there is confusion - some say cancelled at Kenosha, while others say no, that has changed since then. 
Which is it??
Some say it's one, some point clear back to Kenosha and a sign saying cancelled. I talked to a postal worker at Kenosha who said she carried mail related to NAMDRA, etc.  (didn't say WHO was on her route) but she said "looks like it's on" and others at Kenosha also said it's on. 

I've been on boards of clubs, and have served on business boards including Farm Bureau (and talk about things that could get heated) - and have never seen anything like this. 

My wife did a Google search the other day as she wanted the dates and found SEVERAL sites showing it as still on, listing dates, etc. so on or not, there WILL be many people there.
To not have it an official notice has to be mailed out to all past attendees - otherwise people will be doing what she did and finding the dates - and going since there is no official cancellation other than "I saw a sign" somewhere. 

Until or unless an official notice goes out, people WILL go and if it's been cancelled and people not duly notified, there will be #%@$ to pay for sure. Trust is already gone. 

You are right Bill, it is hard to keep up with the confusion.. LOL!
From my understanding....
Jock cancelled the NAMDRA Nationals 2017 in Cordova - (I wonder if the track knows this).
There was rumor that some people are going anyway just to test, tune and have some fun. I am one of those going anyway on Friday for the Friday night and Saturday drags as a spectator.
New rumor! - I hear that there is a AMC Drag day scheduled for October 8 at Great Lakes Dragaway in Kenosha. I guess this is on facepage. I am not on there much so, I don't know for sure.
steinercj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinercj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 8:07am
Confusion is an understatement but here is what I understand. NAMDRA president officially cancelled 2017 AMC Cordova event. Former NAMDRA V.P. confirmed the track has been notified of cancelled event. Some members/people are still going unofficially. Local Kenosha racer Joe B.has confirmed Oct.8 at Great Lakes Dragaway for end of season AMC racing.                                                    
One thing worth noting is I received my NAMDRA membership renewal notice by mail two weeks ago. It did not contain any information about recent developments- good, bad, or otherwise.

Edited by steinercj5 - Aug/29/2017 at 8:35am
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 9:38pm

Which is it??

You are right Bill, it is hard to keep up with the confusion.. LOL!
From my understanding....
Jock cancelled the NAMDRA Nationals 2017 in Cordova - (I wonder if the track knows this).
There was rumor that some people are going anyway just to test, tune and have some fun. I am one of those going anyway on Friday for the Friday night and Saturday drags as a spectator.
New rumor! - I hear that there is a AMC Drag day scheduled for October 8 at Great Lakes Dragaway in Kenosha. I guess this is on facepage. I am not on there much so, I don't know for sure.

I don't do fakebook all that much. Now and then I hit it for things - but not often. It gets totally annoying when you get a thousand messages that Joe Smith posted a picture of his puppy and Sally responded. Ugh. (and you can't shut them off, really shut them off or filter them like it says you can. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic