TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 41>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2017 at 11:08am
It's funny, I just paid off my F150 last week...new truck arrives next week. lol
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Doug in New Freedom View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug in New Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2017 at 8:00pm
Slightly Off Topic, but you need to do this if you are going to spend time on the Battle Field Tours.............to really come to see the Battle Field at Gettysburg what will seal the deal for you would be if before you come get the Historically correct DVD/Movie "GETTYSBURG", Stars Tom Berenger, Jeff Daniels and Martin Seen filmed on at the actual battle locations in 1993 by Turner Pictures/Warner Video with hundreds of rein-actors and stars. It will take you there visually and you will appreciate more the visit when you stand on the ground where so many have died. 
Doug in New Freedom
68 AMX
69 CHEVY C1O PICKUP
74 PORSCHE 914
84 K5 BLAZER
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2017 at 8:22pm
Funny too, my friend was just telling me his brother was an extra on the set and made camera...

www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

It's funny, I just paid off my F150 last week...new truck arrives next week. lol

Hey, that's the American way.  Oh wait, you're Canadian!  Actually English, come to think of it!  But you drive an American Motors car and you have all our bad habits.  Time to make you a U.S. citizen!  If you start drinking Budweiser I'd say it's definitely something you should look into.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Doug in New Freedom Doug in New Freedom wrote:

Slightly Off Topic, but you need to do this if you are going to spend time on the Battle Field Tours.............to really come to see the Battle Field at Gettysburg what will seal the deal for you would be if before you come get the Historically correct DVD/Movie "GETTYSBURG", Stars Tom Berenger, Jeff Daniels and Martin Seen filmed on at the actual battle locations in 1993 by Turner Pictures/Warner Video with hundreds of rein-actors and stars. It will take you there visually and you will appreciate more the visit when you stand on the ground where so many have died. 

I visited Gettysburg several years ago, just after I had finished reading the book "Gods and Generals" about the Civil War, so at the time I was infatuated with the history there.  This was much to the dismay of our Pennsylvania friends, who had been kind enough to take us on a tour of the area, as I had to stop and read EVERY historical marker, lol.  

I understand "Gods and Generals" was a prequel of sorts to the "Gettysburg" film.  In fact Jeff Bridges is in both movies.  I'd like to check Netflix and see if they have them both... just hope I don't get so wrapped up in the historical sites that I miss the car show, lol.
captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2017 at 9:47pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I'd like to see the battle field, but will otherwise be clueless at what I'd be looking at. Will see the DVD movie before going. Scott
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Hey, that's the American way.  Oh wait, you're Canadian!  Actually English, come to think of it!  But you drive an American Motors car and you have all our bad habits.  Time to make you a U.S. citizen!  If you start drinking Budweiser I'd say it's definitely something you should look into.

I think I drank some of Shannon Halversons Budweisers...

MURICA!!!!!!!!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Doug in New Freedom View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug in New Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2017 at 9:19am
If you get the "Gettysburg" Video to  watch before you come, I'll bet you will watch it after you get home and many times years to come.

Wait until you stand on the rocks of Devils Den where the South prepares to attack Little Round Top and where the Union must hold the South off. Little and Big Round Top were the very end of the Battle Front Line. If taken the South could flank and attack the Union Troops from behind at Cemetery Ridge and possibly win the Battle.

The location of our Host Hotel and our Show Field, is just a couple miles South of this area and the road to town from there goes through the middle of the field where Pick's Charge attacks Cemetery Hill and is defeated, ending this Battle. The road is spooky, in that this is the area where so many died, you'll feel it.
Doug in New Freedom
68 AMX
69 CHEVY C1O PICKUP
74 PORSCHE 914
84 K5 BLAZER
A0M190Y View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A0M190Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2017 at 6:43pm
I have a lot of items I had thought of vending at the show. Being from PA I remember that the state likes to send under cover people to events like this and cause problems. I am not going to vend not just for this reason but I also would rather just see the cars. Anyway, the notice below is from the state sales tax website. Read and enjoy....

All vendors selling new or used merchandise within the State of Pennsylvania are required by
law to have a Pennsylvania State Sales Tax License (see PA Department of Revenue law on next
page). Even if a vendor sells only once or twice a year, it is still necessary to have a license
because, according to the law, the sales are in competition with other vendors also selling.
There is no fee involved in obtaining a license.
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2017 at 8:07pm
That Pa tax thing is nothing to worry about.They are not after you.They want to catch the people who fence stolen items and tools.Also a few other things they check for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 41>
  Share Topic