TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 41>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsue79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2017 at 8:16am
all the weather forcasts ive tuned into are calling for rain Friday and Saturday, some heavy from tropical storm cindy.   does anyone out in Gettysburg have any better news from the local predictions out there?
thanks, john
John Fantacone
E-mail - johnsue79@aol.com

70 amx 390 4-speed go pack shadow mask unrestored/original
68 amx 390 4-speed unrestored from original owner (sons)
8ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2017 at 9:27am
Guys, you can buy alcohol anywhere. bring your own or figure it out, but FIREWORKS, real ones, not wimpy little sparklers, CAN be bought in PA. As long as you are from out of state, and plan on using them out of state. 4th of July is right around the corner gentlemen, don't miss this opportunity to be the most patriotic person on your block!

What time can spectators get in on Saturday? Is there music and such happening in the afternoon? 
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2017 at 3:05pm
I made it in and today is gorgeous. A little warm but sunny with a lite breeze. Trip up was very action packed. We were planning on stopping by Luray caverns as we go right by the area and as we pulled in I smelled anti-freeze. After inspecting the water pump had began leaking (2013 Ford Taurus). So, car got towed 2-3 miles up the road to the dealership, got a rental and back on the way. Stopped and had dinner with the wife's Cousin that lives in Winchester then back on the road with arrival at the Days Inn around midnight. Well, they state they don't have the registration. Finally after discussion with booking.com and the Days Inn get them to honor the pre-booked rate and take a substitution on the room. Jeeez. Anyway, I am getting a buzz on tonight for certain. I saw signs for a local distillery.
captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2017 at 9:38pm
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by johnsue79 johnsue79 wrote:

all the weather forcasts ive tuned into are calling for rain Friday and Saturday, some heavy from tropical storm cindy.   does anyone out in Gettysburg have any better news from the local predictions out there?
thanks, john

Hopefully they'll just be showers that will pass, but the NWS forecast is definitely more pessimistic for Friday & Saturday now than it was yesterday at this time.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2017 at 10:04pm
I'm in central NJ, three hour drive from Gettysburg and have been watching the weather every day.

Seeing a radar map, there is a large patch of rain clouds south of Gettysburg moving northeast. Gettysburg will catch some.  Here's the predicted chance of rain for Friday & Saturday hour by hour.

Friday, 
7am - 90%
10am - 80%
1pm - 50%
4pm - 40%
10pm - 80%

Saturday
7am - 70%
10am - 20%
1pm - 10%
4pm - 0%

So it looks like the rain might let up Friday afternoon, rain again during the night, but by 10am Saturday morning likely no rain at all, with a sunny afternoon.  Here in the northeast this has been the wettest, and mostly coldest Spring, three months worth of rain in my memory. 
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2017 at 2:39pm
They're now predicting Saturday's rain should be ending by 8 a.m. Today has also been a good day once the rain cleared out this morning. More coming this evening, but after hours so shouldn't affect us too much.

captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2017 at 7:01pm
Just got back home to NJ from the show. By this morning looking out the hotel window at 6am, all traces of rain in Gettysburg were gone. A beautiful sunny low humidity day. Yesterday was OK, but the hazy sun and humidity wasn't the best. However today, couldn't have asked for a better day for AMO's show. I'd guess at least 200 cars were there, also plenty of vendors. I will definitely be back next year.
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
nothingface5384 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothingface5384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2017 at 8:10pm
damn...forgot about this

how was it?
1972 Pro-Toured Buick Skylark Twin turbo efi 355 v8

1973 Pro-Toured Ford Maverick 302 v8

1975 Stock AMC Hornet 232 I6

1978 Stock Plymouth Volare 225 /6
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2017 at 5:53am
Congrats to Tony Lucas, winner of the America Cup with his beautiful 1970 AMX (aka "Peggy") and Lee Crum, who received the Dick Teague award for his gorgeous big bad green '69 AMX.

Richard and Joanne (last name unknown to me) won the Hurst Cup with their stunning SC/Rambler.
If you know their last name or who won the other cups please let me know so I can update this post. Thanks!

Edited by CamJam - Jun/25/2017 at 8:04pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 41>
  Share Topic