TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2017 AMO Convention, Gettysburg Pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 41>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 12:24am
I don't think i would even call them that Cam.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 5:34am
To Rockies or Cascaders you are correct. But those hills in the background of the photo are 30 miles away...
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
Doug in New Freedom View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug in New Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 9:35am
If you are driving the old car or trailering - note that even the PA Turnpike has its share of hulls up and down some mountains and some curves.  Once you hit the PA border, you need to be awake and alert, and you'll actually have to drive your car or rig.  Also, I don't suggest getting off the turnpike at Breezewood and taking Rt. 30 into Gettysburg.  Stay on the turnpike to Exit 236 and take Rt 15 south direct to the host hotel (just south of Gettysburg).  Rt 30 into Chambersburg has a steep mountain - brake fade is a definite on old brake systems and extra fun for those hauling a load.

Kevin Shope
Edited by kcsamc - Yesterday at 11:10pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin's directions are good advice. If you go the way GPS, or the maps would send you, you'll enter the main Tourist area of Gettysburg at the Square where the routes from all directions converge. Do like Kevin says take Route 15 to get South of Gettysburg then try to come back in using Business 15 North and find a way to get to The Eisenhower Hotel and Convention Center on 2634 Emmitsburg Road which is very close to the Battlefield. I was just down there for another event and will tell you the closer to Gettysburg's Town Center you go there's a lot of tourest  traffic, Busses, Red Lights, etc. this time of year. 
Doug from New Freedom, Pa.

Doug in New Freedom
68 AMX
69 CHEVY C1O PICKUP
74 PORSCHE 914
84 K5 BLAZER
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 10:16am
Yes Concord to pull or maybe a Pacer?!?
I got a message in to see if my Non Cancel rooms can be cancelled or transferred.
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 10:19am
Thanks!
Years back on road trip to NC to visit sister, came into PA early morning and you said it, changed immediately, plus a good heavy fog, got off 1st or 2nd exit, as everything had an eerie sense to it.  Then I found that NOT bringing cash, gets embarrassing, even with nothing in the ashtray....

I'll keep watch.  Luckily it only weighs 1500# empty and a 2" ball, told it tows well.
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 11:18am
In order to avoid tolls through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania my route looks like it sends me along 68 and then north up 15 to Gettysburg. The tolls really add up when hauling a trailer through all 4 states and the "detour" really doesn't add much for time and maybe a hundred miles.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 12:13pm
I wouldnt do that Tony. Not worth it. That takes you Rt70 and then to 68 some where. Rt. 70 is fun in the oan handle of WV. WV is worse than PA in areas for hauling.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

I wouldnt do that Tony. Not worth it. That takes you Rt70 and then to 68 some where. Rt. 70 is fun in the oan handle of WV. WV is worse than PA in areas for hauling.

Rts 68/70 to 15 are how I was going to come in too.  Kevin,  are you saying they are hilly or have lots of tolls? 
Doug in New Freedom View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug in New Freedom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 3:23pm
I'll let Kevin answer you on this but I know of No Tolls on either Interstates 70 or 15.
I do remember having problems with hills towing a Boat on 70, West of Frederick and the biggest pull was an area called South Mountain.  Also, 70 has Truck Pull Lanes on most of the larger Hills to help get slower traffic up and over plus Truck emergency run off areas if they loose brakes going down hill.
Doug in New Freedom
68 AMX
69 CHEVY C1O PICKUP
74 PORSCHE 914
84 K5 BLAZER
captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 4:44pm
Perhaps western PA is mountainy, but the area around Gettysburg and all of PA eastward is basically flat.
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 41>
  Share Topic