TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2013 AMCRC national

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 AMCRC national
    Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 1:39am

August 15-16-17, 2013  Lakewood, Colorado

The host hotel is the Holiday Inn, 7390 West Hampden Ave, Lakewood, CO 80277

Rates start at $85 per night for Thursday through Saturday. Mention code "2013 AMCRC" for discount rate. Call 888-737-5253 or go to HILakewood.com to reserve (No later than July 15, for reduced rate)

Feature car will be the 1963 Rambler!

Thursday  August 15, 2013

All day                        Check-in, chapter meetings, informal gatherings, sight see, dine,

take a day trip, or relax

4:00-8:00 PM            Cruise-in (location to be determined)

7:00-9:30 PM            Early show registration in the lobby of the Holiday Inn    

Friday August 16, 2013

8:00AM-3:30PM       Vendor check in and space assignments (Holiday Inn)

Swap meet

Show registration and participant check-in

12:00-3:00 PM          Guided tour, Rambler Ranch in Elizabeth, CO

4:30-5:30 PM            AMCRC open membership meeting in meeting room at

the Holiday Inn

6:00-9:00PM             Friday night cruise-in at Burger King, (subject to change)

Saturday August 17, 2013

7:00-9:00AM             Final vendor check-in and setup (Holiday Inn)

Final participant registration (Holiday Inn)

Show cars will begin entering the field

9:00AM                      Car show and swap meet open

Show participant registration closed

2:00PM                      Voting ballots due at show field registration tent

4:00PM                      Car show and swap meet close

6:00PM                      Happy Hour

7:00PM                      AMCRC National Banquet and Awards Presentation

(adults $35/ age 4-8 $15)

8858 W Maplewood Drive

Littleton CO 80123

After 5:00 303-948-5584

msgtdonamx@earthlink.net

All subject to change, changes will be announced here.

You can ask questions here also.    

1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 10:20am
Hope to be there this year.
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
prostreetamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 11:00pm
Strongly considering this show but I'm not sure how my highly customized Hemi Javelin will go over at a AMCRC show. I'm not concerned about judging but I don't want an AMO type of reaction.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 11:03pm
It will go over fine. We would love to see it, I think any amc that is driven is a good one.
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by prostreetamx prostreetamx wrote:

Strongly considering this show but I'm not sure how my highly customized Hemi Javelin will go over at a AMCRC show. I'm not concerned about judging but I don't want an AMO type of reaction.

I think you'll be fine. Most of the AMCRC folks are pretty laid back about this stuff and welcome anyone with an interest in AMCs. The judging is participant vote. There were some modified cars at last year's AMCRC and they were really well received as I recall.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 8:42am
Planning my vacation now. Will probably add a few days on the front or back end depending on my work schedule. It's a long drive for me at 12 hours and I might just as well have some fun. Plan to trailer my car, even though it is my daily driver and made it to San Diego just fine. My wife wants to have a separate vehicle for her own activities.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]
Bobs AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobs AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 12:47pm
If your in Denver for the show and want to see the largest Friday night cruise in the area with about 200 plus cars, come to Hamden & Tower roads in Aurora at the Sonic. I know of AMC parts for sale too while your here (68-70 AMX/ Javelin stuff, ISMA Gremlin, 401 Spirit, plus more).
Bob
Bob Kenworthy
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 7:08pm
I will end up arriving a few days early (probably Mon.) so I can check out the guy making carbon fiber parts for AMC's. I've been in discussions for a carbon fiber cowl hood for my custom Hemi/Javelin. I will be attempting to hit all the scheduled AMC events if I ever finish installing the custom fuel injection gas tank and all the extra hardware.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 8:07pm
No worries about a modified car. If I still have the SC/Rumbler I will be bringing it to the show. It is my favorite AMC by far and to heck with anyone who doesn't like it!
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 10:37am
My wife fell and broke her tailbone so she is out as a co-driver at this time. I would still like to go but I'm not sure if a 12 hour drive by myself is a good idea. When I was younger, it was no big deal, but having someone else there to swap out with would be a huge plus. Just got the Javelin back on the road after a custom gas tank swap. Will still be using the SuperDuty and trailer.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic