TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2008 Hot Rod Power Tour - Event Date: Jun/07/2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4.0 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2008 Hot Rod Power Tour
    Posted: Jan/20/2008 at 9:14am
HOT ROD Power Tour 2008 Dates are Set
The 2008 HOT ROD Power Tour dates and locations have been set.  

The 2008 HOT ROD Power Tour(TM) dates are set. The kickoff begins on June 7, 2008 in Little Rock, Arkansas. From there we'll roll through the Midwest with stops in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota. The week-long trek ends on June 13th (June 14th for the Long Haulers) in Madison, Wisconsin. Below are the dates and event locations.

Check back here for updates on registration info, hotel recommendations, directions/routes, announcements and more.<BR.

Saturday, 6/7/08
Arkansas State Fairgrounds - Little Rock, AR
Kickoff Cruise Night Sponsored by Painless Performance.  

Sunday, 6/8/08
Missouri Entertainment and Event Center - Springfield, MO

Monday, 6/9/08
Heartland Park - Topeka, KS

Tuesday, 6/10/08
Nebraska State Fair Park - Lincoln, NE
Cruise Night Sponsored by Edelbrock.

Wednesday, 6/11/08
Iowa State Center - Ames, IA

Thursday, 6/12/08
Rochester Community & Technical College - Rochester, MN

Friday, 6/13/08
The Alliant Energy Center - Madison, WI

Saturday, 6/14/08
The Alliant Energy Center- Madison, WI

I'll be taking my 69' Roambler the whole way agin this year.

Can't wait!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Mountainmoron - Apr/15/2008 at 2:07pm
1970 AMX

1969 Rambler
hornetdan View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hornetdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2008 at 12:54pm
I'll be taking my 77 AMX from the western suburbs of Chicago.  I'll be meeting a friend in Little Rock.  I'm looking for anybody who would be interested in caravaning down there, and maybe doing the whole thing with us?  I plan to leave Friday morning-not sure yet if we're going to go all the way or spend the night and head out on Saturday AM.  Let me know if anybody is interested and what are your plans.

Dan
4.0 Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4.0 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2008 at 10:59am
We'll have a group leaving the QuadCities for Little Rock. Maybe it will work out. Most of us are going all the way.
d7javelin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d7javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2008 at 1:55pm
I went to the media event this morning announcing the plans for the Power Tour stop in Rochester, MN.  I don't think the city really has a grasp of what is coming to town.  When they announced that the stop over would generate 1 to 1.2 million dollars in revenue for that ONE day, there was an audible gasp.Shocked

I can almost smell the spent CAM 2 as it floats on the breeze.

Lucky me, I only live about 7 minutes away!
4.0 Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4.0 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2008 at 8:07pm
Back in 2005 the city of Green Bay under estimated the turn out for the Power Tour. I have nevere seen portable toilets over flow like they did that day. 

Power Tour is the biggest car event I have ever been part of. You see cars and stars that you read about and see on TV.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic