TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2 bbl EFI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 bbl EFI
    Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 12:07pm
https://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex/holley-introduces-2300-two-barrel-efi/

Some AMC listed

Nick
nick
401 71 Gremlin pro rally car sold
390 V8 SX/4 pro rally car sold
1962 Classic SW T5 4 wheel disc brakes
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 9:07pm
Neat! While GM's TBI can still be found in junkyards, this probably offers a but more performance. Bit more versatile as well. It looks like it might have a return fuel Port. Would be really sweet of it didn't so you didn't have to run a return fuel line. Just a smidge more user friendly.
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 10:51pm
what AMC stuff has that carb bolt pattern?

actually that's not bad... the old GM stuff isn't that cheap, even using older 80's stuff, like the 7747 ECU and adapted throttle bodies. by the time you get flashPROM tools, ZIF sockets, cables, serial adapters, all the trivia and trickery, you're well over $500 anyway, and left with tuning in a system that's just a mass of interacting trivia.

i bought a "Howell TBI" kit, a GM system with AMC/Keep specific pieces, and i still had to frabricate all of the throttle stuff. it sure worked great though. got 20 mpg (63 classic wagon with 232 and flashomatic) and ran just great. 

$850 for a bolt-on system with few hacks necessary? sounds like a deal. its still a lot of money out of pocket, wish i could afford one!

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2018 at 7:56am
I forgot about the software for the TBI. Assuming you need to reprogram. Send most have had success running stock 4.3 throttle body and computer on the 258. MOATES sells the timing software for 350. Which really isn't bad considering an average carb costs that. All depends on what you can get the TBI for.
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2018 at 12:24pm
I use a Holley Projection system.You can tune it right from the computer box with a small screw driver.
nothingface5384 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothingface5384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2018 at 11:34am
I got Holley mpfi..if I were to do it again I'd go FI tech
1972 Pro-Toured Buick Skylark Twin turbo efi 355 v8

1973 Pro-Toured Ford Maverick 302 v8

1975 Stock AMC Hornet 232 I6

1978 Stock Plymouth Volare 225 /6
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by tomj tomj wrote:

what AMC stuff has that carb bolt pattern?

actually that's not bad... the old GM stuff isn't that cheap, even using older 80's stuff, like the 7747 ECU and adapted throttle bodies. by the time you get flashPROM tools, ZIF sockets, cables, serial adapters, all the trivia and trickery, you're well over $500 anyway, and left with tuning in a system that's just a mass of interacting trivia.

i bought a "Howell TBI" kit, a GM system with AMC/Keep specific pieces, and i still had to frabricate all of the throttle stuff. it sure worked great though. got 20 mpg (63 classic wagon with 232 and flashomatic) and ran just great. 

$850 for a bolt-on system with few hacks necessary? sounds like a deal. its still a lot of money out of pocket, wish i could afford one!

what AMC stuff has that carb bolt pattern?All the v8's that use a v2 carb.
My 75 factory v8 Gremlin had a Motorcraft carb I could not get to run right. Pull it and installed a Holley 2300 v2 500 cfm carb and it runs great!
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic