TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show Albury 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show Albury 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 9:16am
So will my '64 Classic, but it prefers beer!
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 5:59pm
Hudson AMC club website for reference:

I don't think there is much chance of me making the trip over from the west, but you never know. Rambler Club of WA has their AGM in a couple of months, so I will try to remember to bring this up, but if you contact Bob in the meantime that would be good. We have enough trouble geting more than a few cars to turn up to local events so getting them to drive across the Nullabor will be interesting.
Clark View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 11:46pm
^^ I don't suppose you had your beast at Whiteman Park a couple of weeks ago?
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 5:59am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Hudson AMC club website for reference:

I don't think there is much chance of me making the trip over from the west, but you never know. Rambler Club of WA has their AGM in a couple of months, so I will try to remember to bring this up, but if you contact Bob in the meantime that would be good. We have enough trouble geting more than a few cars to turn up to local events so getting them to drive across the Nullabor will be interesting.
No dramas at all mate. It will be an annual thing for AMC's from now on so maybe another year the Javelin might mad max it across the nullabor. I will try to contact Bob from WA club soon and the other clubs such as the Hudson one above (some very nice cars in that club). I will have to clarify with the Chrysler club at the next meeting if pre AM cars are being accepted such as the Hudsons etc or just American Motors cars and AMC, AMI Ramblers. I can't see there will be an issue but I better ask first. Definatly all imported American and Australian assembled AMC, AMI Ramblers are welcome at the show Smile 
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 6:10am
Just changed thread heading as I thought we should give our annual AMC participation at COTM a formal name. What do people think? Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - May/09/2013 at 6:13am
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Clark Clark wrote:

^^ I don't suppose you had your beast at Whiteman Park a couple of weeks ago?
No, missed that one unfortunatley as I had been planning to go. The Nostalgia Drags were postponed the week before due to rain and the re-run clashed with the Whiteman Park show. Can't be in two places as once unfortunatley.

Did run a new PB on the day, 13.78 @ 102.6 MPH, so was pretty happy with that.

Also caught up with Mark (68 aussie javelin) on the way home for a mini classic car show:

Edited by WesternRed - May/09/2013 at 8:08am
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 8:20am
cool pic, a nice coupleWink
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2013 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Lucas660 Lucas660 wrote:

So will my '64 Classic, but it prefers beer!
Yeah I better edit that post and the one that I wrote a big essay and said grab a coffee. What was I thinking !!!! LOL check out the Flamed 65 Classic in members cars in the Hudson club. Very cool and some nice stock one's too such as the mint original 'Dr Pat's' 64 Classic wow! Smile http://www.hudson-amc.org.au/  Would be great to get a few of them cars to the 1st annual AMCRRR next year Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - May/11/2013 at 5:41am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 4:04am

Well I am officially a local Chrysler club member now having recieved my membership card the other day Smile they know I am there purely there to help organise an AMC section at each years Chryslers on the Murray. What do people think of the name '2014 AMC Riverina Rambler Raid'? Any other ideas? I was thinking maybe just '2014 AMC Rambler Raid' or '2014 AMC Rambler Run' etc?  I have bought 2 large 'AMC' flags to display each side of our area which are pretty big and is broken up horizontally with Red/White/Blue with a big AMC in the middle which should make our presence known. Any other ideas? IE an AMC history board with pics of all models? Looking forward to it and this show, along with Cooly, each year should make for 2 'must do' events for those interested in AMC's whether owners or spectators, which is something AMC enthusiasts have been missing Smile

Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 5:19am
I like 'Riverina Raid' personally. I have a couple of banners myself (that I forgot to bring to Cooly!) with American Motors and Javelin (I cant really remember) that I can bring down. I think a history board will be a good addition, but only if we can get a good selection of Ramblers lined up. 

Now I just have to find someone to drive my American down for me, because if all goes well, I will be driving my latest purchase down Big smile

Edited by Pokerchip - Jun/14/2013 at 5:20am
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic