TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show Albury 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1st annual Australian AMC/Rambler show Albury 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 8:21pm
Well I have returned from my duties and I can see that everyone had a great time down there! I wish I could have made it.

I am going to make an effort to go next year so I can represent the compact Americans and try the old '64 on the Dyno to see what its making haha!
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2014 at 9:43pm
The 70Hornet report
Hi everyone. Wow it has already been a week since the 1st ever Australian AMC/Rambler show here in Albury/Wodonga. I have been doing a mixture of resting, working, catching up on jobs around the house for the Mrs and procrastinating about doing a little write up on the show.Actually I was probably porcrastinating all week about the first three as well LOL 
I am not sure what to even say other then although we were down from the anticipated 40 cars on my radar we made it back up with variety. Javelin's, Concorde, Matador, Rebel, Matador X, Hornets, Gremlin, Ambassodor's, Classic's, Pacer, Madame Lash's Limo etc. The huge crowd enjoyed looking over our cars all day and I think went away with an appreciation and possibly better understanding of AMC and AMI as I had some information boards up with history of AMC, AMI and Australian production numbers. Fletch from Classic cars resto show hovered around with his camera and his assistant a lot on the saturday and sunday and indicated he is going to do some special segments on AMC's. Eddie Ford from restored Cars magazine is going to do a feature article on Lyndon's Pacer and possibly a few other cars that were there on the day. I will be sending some pics to him as well of the show as well as Australian Muscle car magazine etc. Jeff Fripp from Ramblerspares set up a little swap meet to show people a selection of the NOS and 2nd hand parts he has on offer and I think a lot of people enjoyed meeting him and his brother to talk about AMC parts and history. Gordon Pendlebury's Madame Lash display seemed to always have a good crowd of people looking around the car and the items he had on offer for sale. And the little angry Gremlin on the dyno sunday lunchtime really topped off what was an awesome weekend for us showing off our AMC's and who we are to all of Australia. The saturday we had nearly 20 cars but unfortunatly we were seperated all over the place due to judging but this won't happen next year and ALL AMC's will be ALL together the whole weekend. The saturday night there was big storms and I don't think I slept a wink monitoring the weather and in due course it looks to have detterred a quite a few Chryslers and AMC's form attending the sunday. The saturday had over 550 cars at the show and they were looking at a record as usuallly around 150 sunday day tripper sunday entries are taken each year but this year only just over 50 and I hear the tally was 602 cars all up although I have heard 632 so I will have to confirm that one. Of the 40 I had on my radar we lost a few including a Nash Metropolitan, Red Ebay convertible, Keith's Marlin, Ambassodor ute, Original Maroon Hornet, Theo's Classic, Adelaide Classic, Red Rebel from Yarra Valley etc plus there was at one stage on the grapevine going to be a dozen Hornet's (we ended up with 6 which was great to see anyway Smile). Also the saying for the weekend "Where's your Car Gino? Is it out in the carpark? Bring it in." LOL in regards to Aussie rambler coming down with Jeff and Steve but without his car. Was good to meet Aussie rambler and maybe next year for his car Smile The second Gremlin that didn't make it turned out to be Kaye Pendlebury's original Levi Gremlin but they chose to bring the 304ci Concorde hatchback which was a beautiful car with only around 30's thousand original miles on the clock. This car was literally NEW and if you ever get a chance to see it have a good look over it as it is really amazing. The Levi Gremlin may make an appearance next year and from the photo I saw it will be worth the price of admission just for the look. Over the course of the weekend we had 28 AMC's with 27 on the sunday. There is a photo roll call courtesy of Colin Main on page 14 of this thread. The only photo's I havn't seen yet are a black with red striping Wagoneer on the saturday and a white Classic on the sunday both mixed in with the Chrylsers.
There was about AMC 10 pre-entries for judging and the first ever Australian AMC/Rambler show trophies went to 3rd was Graham Stevenson and his silver Javelin, 2nd Italo with his beautiful restored 66 Classic and 1st was Colin Main with his immaculate silver classic hardtop. This car also has to be seen to be believed. What a tidy car. All three were deserving and it would have been hard to decide with Anthony and Amanda's Ambassodor hardtop, Bob's Hornet etc also in the mix
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did organising it. I have seen and heard plenty of good feedback from the Chrylser guys and girls and they loved having us there. And why shouldn't they! We have some of the coolest and most unique cars you could ever lay your eye's on. (they have a thank you on the front webpage for us) www.chryslersonthemurray.com .
Thanks to everyone who attended and/ or helped me over the last 12 months with this and that it was very much appreciated Clap Smile 

Two other shows for AMC owners to look out for each year here in Australia are the Shannons American car show in Flemington, Melbourne on April 13th this year which get's a few AMC's from the AMC/Rambler car club of Australia (Colin Main is going to send me some more details to put up here soon). Also look out for Cooly Rocks early June in Coolangatta Queensland which caters for pre 1969 cars and always get's a good AMC showing with the help of Garry Murphy. Look out for info on both of these events within the General Aussie Chat section as they get closer.

I will add to this post every now and then so just look for the little 'edit' note every now and then when I think of something I forgot to mention.

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/22/2014 at 11:10pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2014 at 1:58am
Hi everyone
The two other big shows that AMC's can, and do, make themselves known are the American Motoring show on the 13th April in Melbourne and Cooly rocks 7th/8th June in Queensland. Colin Main sent me this email below, and his details for anyone interested in the American Motoring show.  

Hi Guys,
 With the American Motoring Show here in Melbourne now less than three weeks away I thought it worthwhile to email local members the current details as set out in the attachments.
 Event scheduled for Sunday 13th April 2014.
 Entry time for display cars is from 9.00am until 11.00am.
 Admission for display cars is $15 (passengers included)
 With an expected display of 1,500+ vehicles of North American origin, there is truly something for everyone.
 Our AMC Rambler vehicles will have an allocated parking position near the Chrysler vehicles, the same as in previous years.
 Make the effort to come along and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of one of Melbourne's premier car events.
 Your AMC Rambler need not be a show winner, work in progress and daily drivers are encouraged to attend.
 Look forward to seeing you on Sunday 13th April 2014 at Flemington Racecourse for the American Motoring Show.
 Your questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
 Best Regards,
Colin Main
AMC Rambler Club of Australia.
Colins details for further info are; amorphan@optusnet.com.au and phone number (03) 9309 0601

Garry Murphy organises the Cooly Rocks show usually with a thread on this forum. Are you out there Garry? Feel free to put up some details of Cooly Rocks on this thread

That will make three great AMC shows for us all to look forward to each year. So if we miss one we can go to another. Or all three!!!Tongue

1# The March Australian AMC/Rambler show in Albury/Wodonga NSW.
2# The April American Car show in Melbourne.
3# The June Cooly Rocks in Queensland Smile

Awesome!! Tongue Gives us all something to look forward to during the year and three avenues to show off our great cars to Australia.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2014 at 5:53am
As a footnote to the event and reports:
Originally posted by 70Hornet 70Hornet wrote:

For those that don't know me here I am Smile and hope to meet even more AMC owners next year Smile

Jason Chaplin Smile

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2014 at 4:18pm
Here are a few more random photos:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2014 at 4:23pm

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 9:28pm
Final instalment (I think)

Did anybody happen to ID the Javelins, would be nice to know what their build numbers were?

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 3:26am
 Quote western red "Did anybody happen to ID the Javelins, would be nice to know what their build numbers were?" 

[/QUOTE] Clem Smith's Brown 70 is #46, Matt Lukins red 70 is #24. I will find out the others soon

Also apparently there is some footage of the Gremlin on the dyno at the show on youtube or facebook. If someone finds it can they paste the link onto this thread thanks Smile

I am hoping Steve Fripp is able to download his pics onto the forum as I reckon he would have some real good one's and Jodie Kuhnne with the white 75 Hornet is going to put some on soon I think too Smile The more the merrier 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 6:21am
Video is here https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/amcrcofaust/
I don't know how to link up the actual video so you will have to acroll down until you find it.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 5:19am
There is an article on Clem Smith in the new issue of Australian Muscle car (issue73) who owns the very original brown Australian 1970 Javelin that was at the 1st annual AMC/Rambler show. For anyone who didn't get to see this car it literally would be one of the nicest original unrestored Australian 70 Javelins in existence Smile  

Edited by 70Hornet - Apr/13/2014 at 5:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic