TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1982 AMC Concord: Project Sedate Sedan Sleeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 2:53pm
Looking good.......rust issues are not that bad.

Having AMC Fun, 
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

Looking good.......rust issues are not that bad.

Having AMC Fun, 
Ollie

Thanks Ollie! I can't wait for you to see it at the Show next year!

Also.. I can't wait to see your car too. Your build has provided me with a lot of inspiration too! 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2019 at 11:21am
Back for a few more progress pictures.. here is some of the rust repair and metal replacement. I have more pictures but the file sizes are apparently too large to upload them to this forum. These are only in rough finish form. this work was just being done as I got there to inspect the progress.. which I do on an almost near daily basis. They said the tops of the seams all had to be cut out and the battery shelf area is going to needed more attention than initially thought too as it was worse than originally thought. They should be done smoothing everything out by this Saturday and laying primer. Next week it should be getting painted.  

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2019 at 12:54pm
Got a bunch of parts back from painter... The Matador Barcelona wheels turned out way way way better than I thought they would. I am very happy with them. I think once my top is redone in black the black rims will look really good on my Deep Maroon car.

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Oct/09/2019 at 6:51am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 7:05am
Hello again to everyone in AMC Land!

The car is in 2nd stage primer as of last Friday. It should have paint when I go to see it today. I'm hoping to pick it up on Sat. So far I've been really happy with the body shop's work. The weather had slowed them down early on because they needed to blast it and do some things outside the building but all it did was rain on and off for almost two weeks straight. The rust issues were also more extensive than we initially thought as well. So that took extra time because they had to dig deeper into it than they anticipated but they have really really been moving on it now. Original time frame was 2-3 weeks... its been about 4-5 weeks but I am not complaining. This isn't something I wanted them to rush through. I hope to update tomorrow with the new Maroon color! Fingers crossed.

SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 8:33am
"Any positive comments or questions.. please feel free to post!"
So I will quote a GM Engineer that I used to have to work with:  "Well, it doesn't suck.."
Honestly though - Nice job!

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

"Any positive comments or questions.. please feel free to post!"
So I will quote a GM Engineer that I used to have to work with:  "Well, it doesn't suck.."
Honestly though - Nice job!

Bahaha... you already know what it all looks like! 

You get direct updates via the 1982 AMC Concord Call Center Hotline! 
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 12:26pm
Well I know but, I just can't resist the opportunity to be a smartazz when you set me up like that. 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

Well I know but, I just can't resist the opportunity to be a smartazz when you set me up like that. 

Wouldn't have it any other way! 
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 4:18pm
I think it look`s AWESOME!!!!  This is one step that is hard to go back and redo....
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic