TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1979 concord rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2017 at 6:01pm
Is it possible to import AMCs from the US?
69 AMX     401/727
74 Javelin 360/727
09 Mustang Supercharged 4.6
14 Wrangler Sport 4X4
18 GMC Sierra
biscayne65 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biscayne65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2017 at 8:00pm
Yes but it require a lot of money to pay for the transport, customs fees, the canadian taxe on the vehicle… and yes i live in Quebec… here the regularization and the automotive bureaucracy are pretty terrible: If it is a 25 years + cars we need to make an evaluation to be able to transfer the car (the evaluation is for the automotive bureau who want to know on what prize tax the car, by example, you pay the car 1000$ but the evaluation tells your car worth 2000$, you pay the tax on 2000$, the evaluation cost 150-200$), plus you need to pass a technical inspection (150-200$ x2 because they never let you pass the test the first time -_-)… when you add all the fees and the troubles, it costs you 3-4000$ to put a car buy in the us on the road (that you pay 1000-1500$). I had the idea to buy one of your california/nevada rust free car but it is less complicated to repair a car cut in half by rust than pass true all the slow, expensive, retarded, inhuman quebec's bureaucracy system Confused
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2017 at 11:37pm
Wow, I guess I can never again complain about our crazy California bureaucrats and regulations. Quebec sounds like the old USSR. But I digress. Awesome and very commendable work on the Concord!
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
biscayne65 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biscayne65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2017 at 1:59pm

Now I start to rebuild the interior! 

Loool not much as the old USSR but if you see the 12 works of Asterix, the Quebec Bureaucracy looks like the Crazy's house haha! For one worker, sou have 10 boss and the bosses never communicate, so you get dumb regularization. In quebec, this very hard to build a hot rod because of this… the official document who  explain what's legal or not do do on a car make over 150 pages… 
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2017 at 9:19pm
Amazing progress. Nice job...
tfhofstad View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfhofstad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2017 at 11:15am
WOW, Looking good. You've done an amazing amount of work to bring her back!   Hope she gives you many years of proud service
maximus7001 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 7:30am
Wish I had the resources to save my old 81 Concord and 85 Eagle like you did with this car. Both died from rust issues. Manitoba also uses lots of salt but not as much as Ontario or Quebec. Looks like someone changed the engine in your car at some point to a 1981 or newer.
1968 Javelin SST

1997 GMC Safari AWD

2001 Daewoo Nubira SX (Winnipeg only model)

1997 Honda Accord EX (Canadian Model)

Winnipeg, home of the Jets.
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2017 at 2:06pm
Excellent Work!!!!
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic