TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1979 AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2018 at 10:36pm
The twisted pic and the Miller High Life together made me also almost fall outta the chair... LOL
A V8 Spirit of any kind hast to be a fun drive!...  The Valve Covers add 25 HP don't they?...

Edited by PHAT69AMX - Aug/28/2018 at 10:50pm
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2018 at 4:12am
Yeah the valve covers do add 25 HP. They also wont rust....lol
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

Samsung phones do the same thing. It is annoying and I too would love to know how to correct it. Strange thing is they are right side up in my photos file, so why when I post them do they turn sideways?

Later!
Mr. Ed
my cell is an android...

Yes. The Samsung phones are android also.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2018 at 8:49pm
   Well its running on 7 cylinders and a noisy lifter....
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2018 at 7:47am
Before you tear it apart, I'd try some Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase. I had a car with noisy lifters and it cleaned them up after running about 8 hours of driving. Fantastic stuff.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2018 at 7:48am
And in case you didn't know it, there is a restrictor in the return fuel line, so if you decide to change that out, be sure to pull that restrictor out and put it in the new line.

Later!
Mr. Ed

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2018 at 9:31am
No gas tank in the car. Running off a bottle. And the return line is not hooked up. That way I know fresh gas and no garbage.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2018 at 9:08pm
Well I was going to do some diagnosing as to why it was running on 7 cylinders....I started it and let it run....now its running on all 8 cylinders and 21 inches of vaccum. None of the gauges are working so... going to have to see why
kenoshakicker View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kenoshakicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2018 at 9:12pm
Marvel Mystery oil does work.  I put some in my first truck, Dad took it down the road 1/4 mile, turned around came back the 1/4 mile. He did this  a couple of times.  He pulled in the driveway and motor was noticeably quiter and he said it was running better.  As soon as he said that the motor started to squeal and chug, it make a loud clunk and it died. We tore it apart and found the oil pick up tube screen clogged with all of the sludge the MMO had cleaned from the engine.  Like I said it does work and very well.  IMHO,  use with caution. 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2018 at 7:47am
Originally posted by kenoshakicker kenoshakicker wrote:

Marvel Mystery oil does work.  I put some in my first truck, Dad took it down the road 1/4 mile, turned around came back the 1/4 mile. He did this  a couple of times.  He pulled in the driveway and motor was noticeably quiter and he said it was running better.  As soon as he said that the motor started to squeal and chug, it make a loud clunk and it died. We tore it apart and found the oil pick up tube screen clogged with all of the sludge the MMO had cleaned from the engine.  Like I said it does work and very well.  IMHO,  use with caution. 
I generally dont use marvel oil. I have used it, but I do very frequent oil changes. I had a 3.1 that was all sludged up, it was bad, put new intake gaskets and scooped out the sludge, and changed the oil until it stayed clean....got 6000 miles, and it broke the camshaft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic