TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1979 AMX Stocker update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 9:01pm
What I had around here to put in wasn't the ideal one, it's supposedly about a 2700 stall, but the car still has carb/fuel troubles I'm fooling with and I can't test that stall out very well. On the Desktop Dyno, things seem to ET best with about a 3200-3400 converter. That fancy race piece won't be happening until Santa Clause comes to visit or Powerball pays off! Just don't have that extra thousand to spend on a -GOOD- stocker converter right now, and when I do buy one, I want it to last.

Here's my latest update:
Went to a test session after installing all the new pieces, and only got one run in before troubles set in. Had a dead miss after that run back in the pits and later found a pushrod had escaped it's rocker arm. Easy enough to fix...
The good news was the car STILL ran almost one full second better on the 8th from what it had before. YAY!
I had installed a fuel pressure gauge during the rebuild of everything and found out the line pressure even with the stock engine mounted pump I'm still using for now was way high, like 9 lbs at idle. New regulator on order.
NHRA T/SA '79 AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic