TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1978 Gremlin GT decals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidgrem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 Gremlin GT decals
    Posted: Mar/13/2016 at 8:48am
I have a set of Gremlin GT decals, sides, hood, around hatch, no flare or air dam.
The color is orange and black. I need decals for a blue Gremlin.
I have contacted Phoenix Graphix and they would like to make the decals.
I was not impressed with the tone of their email.
Give us your decals so we can make money or end the legacy.
Has anyone dealt with other manufactures of decals.

Hi Gary,

Nathan provided me your email as he has not heard from you.

If you are to provide us the above decals, I will put them in our catalog and make them available to the market. We can also provide to you the color you need.

If not, we will drop the matter and you will have (likely) ended-the-legacy of any more original appearing 1978 Gremlin GT.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Brian

304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2016 at 9:03am
To me he was very interested in copying your decals... though I would take them to Kinkos, or a UPS store that has continuous feed color scanner and make full sized color scans, and send the copies to the guy.

I think you got crossed on the last part of the email, as he ment it is up to you to continue the legacy... if you don't bother in having them reproduced.

I see no greed by him, after all I am sure he is good at his work. There are other decal peeps, Dltowers has noted in previous discussions. You may find thr name by searching for t stripe decal.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
hotrob View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2017 at 9:22pm
What are you asking for your Gremlin get stripes? Can you give me a list of exactly which pieces you have? Any pix? Thanks, Rob.

'78 Pacer pickup 401, 5-speed
'73 Hornet X Levi's, 258, auto
'72 Gremlin X 401, 5-speed
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2017 at 8:30am
(OMG yeah about the Jav AMX T-stripe -like Rebel Machine stripes)

Ever have a bad day?

Whoever said 'three times a charm' was an idealist.

Talk about money and legacy; they're putting Gremlin GT on the same list with Hemi Cuda?

Money may be more of an issue than (we?) suspect in regard to legal trademark graphics etc.

You may be a defender of AMC virtue but now you have the puck (we are 'team AMC')

(I for one love the Gremlin GT/they are 'to die for' -another example of an 'AMC going-away-present to the world' like SC Rambler ...last one I saw in person was orange, in a junkyard, in Atlanta GA ...bugged he heck of me knowing it would be destroyed, if only to rot in neglect)

(this was about the same time AMC did the aluminum block Indy car and the 'AMX Turbo' pace car)

AMCers have always had to try harder and this is good for you to 'ask for wise counsel'.

Hopefully others will respond and give better advice than I.
Gremlinbob View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlinbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2018 at 10:07pm
Would you want to sell the stripe kit? I am restoring a GT and I need a stripe kit. You can contact me at(630) 542-2807
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2018 at 12:04am
I don't think you have nothing to lose you get the color you want and the old ones back for free sounds like it and you help out the future amc enthusiast   
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2018 at 10:24am
No need to sell them just take one of the offers here to have them reproduced then you can have your strip and sell them too.  As it should be, support your AMC vendors.
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic