TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1978 AMC AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tloftus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Dan1500 Dan1500 wrote:

When you put the Targa band back on were you able to reuse the plastic strips that hold the flat piece into the channels on either side?  Mine was super brittle and mostly fell apart when I took it apart so I'm trying to find a replacement.

Hey Dan - they were brittle and they did break some but I wouldn't say they 'fell apart'.  Some of the edges cracked and broke off but it worked fine when I re-used it.

I have a complete Targa band that came off of a painted black car (so the aluminum was painted at some point, unlike mine which is bare).  I don't think I'd sell just the black strips but I'd sell you the whole thing if you're interested.  Not sure what shipping would cost but let me know if you're interested and we can talk.

Prefer e-mail:  tloftus@gmail.com
1966 AMC Rambler American Rogue - 232 I6
http://theamcforum.com/forum/1966-amc-american-rogue_topic20995.html

1978 AMC AMX - 258 I6
http://theamcforum.com/forum/1978-amc-amx_topic62333.html
Dan1500 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan1500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 12:39pm
Ok Thanks I'll send you a message

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic