TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1976 Pacer X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1976 Pacer X
    Posted: Dec/16/2016 at 10:46pm

One of the 2 Pacers I bought is coming up for sale. I'll have pics later.

However, when I first got the cars, I had a contact from a member who asked me if one was for sale? At the time no, but now that I'm bringing home a 73 Hornet V8 car, one will go, it's the rusted one.

WAITING TILL MONDAY TO GIVE THIS PERSON 1st CHOICE. His wife had one years ago and he always wanted to get her another one. He's not in MI but was still interested in it. I told him I would keep him in mind if I sold one. I've communicated with him a lot, but at my age...Well I kept him in my mind, just not his name!?!

So I am holding it a week to give him a chance to contact me.Big smile

Blessings                                                                                                                        Richard

AMO Treasury Sales
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
No One Understands!
82 Concord SR4spd Wagon
82 Concord T4spd Wagon & now
76 Pacer X & 77 Pacer DL
Daily Drivers(ing)'95 on
Red1975pacer View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red1975pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2016 at 12:08pm
Let us know when it becomes available.
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2016 at 8:25pm
OK open market. 1976 Pacer X 83K (speedo unhooked since 2009) 258, auto, PS, manual brakes, AC, console. Installed new battery, fuel pump, hooked up wires and hoses, started right up runs smooth. Drove it about 6 weeks before an issue. Stalled out a few times, then no start. Replaced the Control Module it started right up, then went thru a bunch of trouble shooting, rebuilt carb, fuel pump, tried a fuel regulator, and way more after the carb started to flood out. Last effort started thinking that the carb flooded right after getting it started again, so I believe the fuel tank crud broke loose causing the higher pressure to the carb. Have not been able to get to drop the tank and clearing it, clearing the lines, as needed the room in the garage where Pacer #2 is waiting to be started. Good strong running engine, drives well, and fun! When sitting the PS fluid leaks a bit out of the rack and pinion, but while I was driving it, no problems. Back tires replaces with 60's front tires good but could be upgraded. 3 pieces of rear interior panels have holes (no more that 2" or so). If the tank issue was fixed it would run and drive you home. Also brake fluid leak somewhere, as during the time I drove it I had to top it off 3 times, however the brake lines have been replaced! I can get current pics as it is a snow sculpture in front of the garage (and parked at an angle so as not to get my other one out to the shop, cause I give up). As for being the rusted one... Shots show back quarters, back bumper, then the passenger side front is rusted out worse that the drivers side. However previous owned did patch them up! 5 on the passenger side and 3 on the drivers side, 1982 Wisconsin plates!!!. Someone said once I should put those on top. $1,600, as it is... Belleville, Michigan. Help all I can but sporting a fashionable cast on my foot for the holidays.

Edited by javelinman74 - Dec/20/2016 at 7:59pm
AMO Treasury Sales
No One Understands!
82 Concord SR4spd Wagon
76 Pacer X & 77 Pacer DL
Daily Drivers(ing)'95 on
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2016 at 8:28pm
AMO Treasury Sales
No One Understands!
82 Concord SR4spd Wagon
76 Pacer X & 77 Pacer DL
Daily Drivers(ing)'95 on
Red1975pacer View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red1975pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2016 at 9:25pm
how much? Delivered to Cleveland/
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2016 at 9:28pm
uhhh $1,600.00  how would I get home?
AMO Treasury Sales
No One Understands!
82 Concord SR4spd Wagon
76 Pacer X & 77 Pacer DL
Daily Drivers(ing)'95 on
AMCVT View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCVT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2016 at 3:52pm
This is a good deal. Good luck with the sale!
1976 Pacer DL
1979 Pacer V8

amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2016 at 6:05am
wish it was the one with southwestern interior   like the 2 that I have had in the past
Javmanpres

2 donohue javelins 390s

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon     
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2016 at 9:41am
Yeah, the first for me it's so cool, and then the 2 tone blue exterior...

AMO Treasury Sales
No One Understands!
82 Concord SR4spd Wagon
76 Pacer X & 77 Pacer DL
Daily Drivers(ing)'95 on
dodgemahal View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgemahal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2016 at 12:28pm
That is a good deal!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic