TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMOgremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2019 at 1:50pm
Looking foward to see her on the ground with wheels so we can see how she sits!
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2019 at 1:47am
BMO..
With all new springs front, back and all new bushings. She's probably going to sit like a frog looks, until everything settles down. Probably going to hop like one too..!!
Trim is on...
In this pic, you can see how far my door sticks out in the back. It's getting better as the weather strip softens up. I guess time will tell.

Came out better then I expected. Always nervous about drilling holes in the paint.
And yes Bob...
There are different lengths of wheel well trim. I was able to make what I had work. You'd think after 15 years of collecting parts and pieces that I'd be able to find the proper trim to use..?? Out of all the pieces that I have purchased, I ended up using what was on the car and I put that on it back in the late 80's.
The fronts go all the way down and cover the front of the rocker. The rears do not. They only go to the top of the rocker. I was able to get enough of the rocker cover to slide back enough to make the room.
73 Gremlin
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2019 at 9:41pm
Bought a pair of window cranks from one of the vendors. Says on the web site that they are for 68-73 AMC cars. Went to put them on today and found this.

Found a couple originals and used them instead. Then after I put the drivers side on I went to roll the window up and down. Then the handle fell off in my hand.
I powered through and was able to put the handle back on. But, it's loose and will probably fall off in my hand again.

Gonna go dig for a nice pair of originals and use those instead.
73 Gremlin
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2019 at 12:03am
Those black door panels look very nice against the blue paint!  Nice job.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 220 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
  Share Topic