TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 101>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2019 at 6:18am
Yeah, "nickel and dime" really means $5-$10 anymore... and many times $50-$100!!
Frank Swygert
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2019 at 2:35am
I kept my hammer out, just in case.
In the back of my mind, I kept wondering if I had beat on it enough and just maybe I should of did another trial fit before I fixed and painted it.
Yep, I was right.

Now we have plenty of room and the 401 is home. For good. I hope.
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2019 at 3:24pm
That looks purty in there. You're getting there!

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2019 at 10:43pm
Thank you Keith...
Now that I have made room on one side with the scatter shield, it looks like I need to make a little bit of room on the other side now.
Not in the trans tunnel, but next to the fire wall.
It's too close for me. I am pretty sure that will rub and make a mess of things.

Last time for this...

I guess while everything is out again, I will install my N.O.S. speedo cable..
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2019 at 2:13am
Takes less then 10 minutes with everything still set up to drop the motor and wheel it out.

Installed the N.O.S. speedometer cable while the paint was drying.

Plenty of room now...

Took me about 20 minutes to put it back in.
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2019 at 6:22am
Don't know if I'd call it "plenty", but looks like enough! What, about 1/4" clearance now?
You're doing excellent work! That's going to be a top-not ch car when done... not too distant from now! But are they ever really done???!!
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2019 at 7:41am
Always something it seems, but I guess thats the "fun"....Cry  Ouch

Been there and done that as they say. The brake lines are not rubbing the valve cover? 
Your project is coming on........looking good.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2019 at 8:28am
From some of the original parts I got years ago while still in Southern California there was a bunch of V8 engine mounts...The two studs on many of them were not centered as the majority of them are, but were offset about 1/2 inch...Lots of people looked at them over the years and scratched their heads in wonder...A tight space situation like you have might have been a good place to have tried a pair of them out...There may still be some up at Paul's place in the old dairy barn...Bob in Fort Payne
Thankyou....Bob
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2019 at 2:10pm
Thank guys...
Always seems to be "something". The "demise of my sanity" is sometimes measured in patience that I have had to learn over the past few years with this. I'm not like my friend Gary, that did his Gremlin in about 7 months. If you go back, you will see that I've been working honestly on this for about 5 years. I had been collecting parts and pieces since the early 2000's, so it's been a long road. And I think it will show when this is all done. Even Gary said he wished he had taken more time on things. He came over the other day to help me with the firewall pad and hadn't seen it in person. He was blown away and it was then he realized that he wished and should of taken a little bit more time with his. I've also taken this car a lot farther then he did his. Maybe that's why he did his in such a short time. And, he's also done a few cars before, so maybe that adds to the process of being so quick. My Girlfriend thinks he was in a race to have the first Gremlin in our town on the road. I don't know about that, but it makes me wonder. It's his car and he can do what he feels is right. Just like I do.
Got more battles a head, now that the motor and transmission is in.
Need to get the transmission hump and shifter taken care of. The rest of the Dynamatt also needs to go in. Have to figure out what to do about the headliner. Not sure if I made enough room between the roll bar and the roof for it to fit properly. Headliner also needs a good cleaning and has one small tear in it by the sun visor that needs some attention.
Thanks again everyone...!!!
The battles continue..!!
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2019 at 1:55am
"Patience"...
Is when you order something and you watch it through the tracking number get stuck in Chicago. It's like it got stuck on a conveyor belt. It had been scanned in Chicago 6 different times... What usually takes no more then 3 days, took a full week.
Then when you finally get it...
You guessed it...!! The box was smashed..!!! I just laugh now when this happens now. Cuz, what else you gonna do...??
I always take a pic of the box when it's been visually smashed now because of the past smashed boxes from the "United States Package Smasher's". Just in case I have to file a claim. Pics of the smashed box helps expedite the claim process.

I guess the "Postal God's" were with me on this one. Nothing was smashed to obliteration and I was able to finish up the tail light sockets and the rear wiring harness tonight.
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 101>
  Share Topic