TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 101>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

Especially with no gnats or other bugs...

Let's not forget the bird droppings either...!! I've been leaving the car outside at night because I don't want to have to move everything and make room for it. (call it laziness or what ever) LOL...!!! 
But yesterday there was a pile on the roof and I thought to myself "that should clean off with out any problem"... NOT...!!! 
It, (the poop) had literally eaten its way down into the fresh primer and marked it's territory. 
I was lucky that I was able to sand it out and sand out everything else. (orange peel and dirt) 
So, I guess you could call the bird droppings "a blessing in disguise". Big smile
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2018 at 10:11pm
MTK Acrylic Urethane... 
Let the fun begin in earnest. Big smile

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2018 at 9:12pm
yep; this sure is fun seeing your Gremlin in progress -thanks for showing...
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2018 at 6:59am
Thanks...!!!
But I haven't done a lot lately. Been working a new job. 10 hour days right now but things are going to slow down there so hopefully I'll have a little bit more time to work on the Gremlin. 
The last fiasco was the torque links and the 1 bolt that I had gotten with the set of links. 
All I can say is that it was and is a strange one. 41/64" bolt. You can forget about finding one. Not only did I try, but the manager at my local Fastenal store did also try. 
We tried metric.. Nada... We tried anything and just about everything. 
The only remedy was to either cut out everything that I had welded in and start over. Or, drill out the brackets to a 3/4" bolt. I chose the later... 
The first 2 drill bits that I purchased from Amazon must where cheap Chinese crap because they bent as soon as the 1/2" drive drill got stuck..!!! Sent those back and spent 28 bucks for a good one. Never thought that I would spend 28 bucks for one drill bit.. Confused
Then I burnt up the drill...!!! (it was an old Black & Decker and was on it's final leg anyways) LOL
Borrowed a buddies 1/2' drive drill and I got it, finally. 
Here's the link to that thread on Gremlin torque link bolts. 
Ross is right. The bushings are 3/4" and the bolts need to be 3/4" so I made them 3/4" Big smile

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2018 at 7:08am
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

Especially with no gnats or other bugs...

Let's not forget the bird droppings either...!! I've been leaving the car outside at night because I don't want to have to move everything and make room for it. (call it laziness or what ever) LOL...!!! 
But yesterday there was a pile on the roof and I thought to myself "that should clean off with out any problem"... NOT...!!! 
It, (the poop) had literally eaten its way down into the fresh primer and marked it's territory. 
I was lucky that I was able to sand it out and sand out everything else. (orange peel and dirt) 
So, I guess you could call the bird droppings "a blessing in disguise". Big smile

I guess a little birdie had to literally tell you that your primer job was poo. He saved your arse on that, and you should buy em a beer for it. Had a parrot that liked to drink wine, so a Guinness will prolly do. Ha!

Never mind given em a beer... He would prolly come back and poo all over your finished paint job, expecting a 6 pack.

Edited by 304-dude - Oct/30/2018 at 7:11am
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2018 at 8:01am
Bird just made me sand a little bit more.. that's all.. LOL
Everything happens for a reason..
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2018 at 10:12pm
Big Shout out to Mrblatzman for pointing me in the direction of these. 
Not the right lens for my year, but still nice. 
Need to send him a 12 pack..!! 
Thank you... 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2018 at 7:33am
You are welcome...Please be sure that 12 pack is Blatz...We have to "import" Blatz down here when Paul visits from Wisconsin...Christmas will be here soon bringing another delivery of our favorite beverage...Blatz at one time had 5 breweries around the USA and was in the top 3 best selling brands in the country...Its amazing what no publicity, advertising, or effort can do do a product...Im glad you were able to get the lights you need .....Bob
Thankyou....Bob
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2018 at 8:50am
Guess I'll have to do some searching and asking around some of my local beer/smoke shops for some Blatz..
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
RSX 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSX 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2018 at 3:28pm
Just what type of lens are you needing and how are they different?

Rick
I'll follow these lines a little ways more,

Until I can find what I'm looking for.

With the pedal to the metal,

I'm gaining my speed.

Riding down low in my AMC.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 101>
  Share Topic