TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 AMC Javelin / AMX - ON TRACK!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 11:50pm
he Lives in the northern part of LA. But he is a very busy guy with his business and I doubt he would have time to play, He hardly drives his car and I bug him about it. He just got it redone on the inside and outside and I have never seen the pics of it yet.

Just keep it up yourself, It look like you re doing a great job of representing us AMCers !!

Allan
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2010 at 12:54am
oh I'm keeping it up... next track day is July 9 at Thunderhill...  HotRod

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
'75 Grm, '62 Amer, '70/'71 Jav - projects
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2010 at 12:26am
Ok, I'm back from my latest track day with the Javelin. Ran the Javelin at Thunderhill on Friday July 9, 2010 with the TEAM Miata club.  Made 2 videos this time.  First a music video and then for the guys who don't like the music videos I have just a straight lap with engine sounds.  Enjoy! A write up of the day can be found at: http://asifnyc.com

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2010 at 8:58pm
Is this what it looks like from behind?

-Steve-

Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2010 at 10:25pm
Man, I wish I had something like that around here!  Drag racing is fun, bot open road racing would be a BLAST!  I'd love to toss my Hornet around a track to see what it's capable of! (304, 5 spd, Sway bars fore & aft)
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 4:17pm
hey Rebel Machine, yep that's me... here's some more video of my recent outings...

fluffy, there's got to be a track somewhere near you no?  get out there man! :)

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
Cuda48 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 11:01pm
Hi,
I just joined this forum today.  We should get together at one of those track days since I am in Mountain View CA.  I am a member of Norcal Shelby Club.  I teach High School Autoshop and we are building up a 72 Javelin.  Check us out at www.gunnautotech.com

Mike
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 1:21am
hey Mike,

just checked out the website and looked at all the pictures.  your trans-am clone is AWESOME!  we should definitely meet up for a track day.  My next track day is Nov. 1st at Laguna Seca.  Is your car ready?

I also saw you built a cuda clone too!  

I'm also building a '74 Javelin for the NASA American Iron series.  plan to have it ready by the end of the year so I can get a little seat time before the season starts next March.  there's some info on my blog: http://asifnyc.com and I started a build thread on the Nasa forums: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36584

let me know if you have any advice for my race car build.  I'd love to come down to mountain view some time to and see the car in person.

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
Cuda48 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 8:00am
Hi,
The car isn't ready yet...and school just started so it will be a while before get back on it.  I will be crewing for a Formula Ford driver(David Jalen) this weekend at the SCCA regional/nationals race at Sears Point. Spent last weekend there at SAAC 35, the national gathering of all things Shelby.

I'd like to talk to you about your 5 speed conversion

Mike
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 4:49pm
hey Mike, I PM'd you my cell #.  call me anytime Thumbs Up

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic