TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1972 Matador

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Account deleted per user request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firecapt321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2009 at 6:05am
Love the early Mattys, cant wait to see yours come together!!
1792 MAT. View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1792 MAT. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2009 at 7:02am
American Motors means MORE for Americans
6t5frlane View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t5frlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2009 at 11:54am
I always likes that early 70's matador look. How many 71's with the "Machine Package " were actually made. I remember seeing a silver one that waqs restored red but no other???
6t5
72Matador View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2009 at 2:25pm
I cant remember the exact number but i can guarantee very few.
72Matador View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2009 at 11:21pm

www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/matador_machine.htm - Says there was 68 Matador Machines made according to some literature.

71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 6:59am
71-73 Matadors have always been one of those "if I could find a nice one at a cheap price, I'd buy it" cars to me. I love the styling and they tend to be priced a little more reasonable than the 70 Rebel. Either way, you've got one of those cars you don't see that often, one with great lines and style. Keep us updated on your progress.....

PS do yourself and the hobby a favor and don't quote statements like the one in your previous post. If I said there were 500 of them made without any proof but to say that's "according to some of my literature", would you quote me? Where's the proof of this literature? It's this non substantiated garbage that people like Eddie feed the hobby that causes so many problems about AMC numbers. Besides he openly admits that his numbers are a part of the myth with his last statement "who cares".....

Sorry for the rant, I just hate seeing regurgitated garbage being passed off as fact...
72Matador View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 9:02am
Just trying to be helpful, now speechless....
6t5frlane View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t5frlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 10:17am
71sc360....he said very few and I'm sure thats true. Chillax. Thanks for the link 72 !!!
6t5
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 10:58am
Originally posted by 6t5frlane 6t5frlane wrote:

71sc360....he said very few and I'm sure thats true. Chillax. Thanks for the link 72 !!!

72Matador, I apologize for getting off subject and for any offence you might have taken to my statement. Just so you don’t get me wrong, what I said was not intended to be a jab at you. The person that you were quoting is just one of many in the hobby that have made up (or stated without any conclusive evidence) stuff about production numbers and many people in the hobby read statements like that as fact even when there is no proof to substantiate the statement.

6t5frlane, for the record here is a direct quote from Eddie's page on the 71 Machine.

"There was 68 of these made according to some literature I have. Some put the figure at 50, others, 42. Who cares."

Sorry about the interruption.....

Edited by 71SC360 - Nov/23/2009 at 11:01am
6t5frlane View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t5frlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 12:19pm
OK We are all GOOD to go now....I sure would like to find a 71 " Go machine " package matador
6t5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic