TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1972 AMC Javelin SST "Jazzy The Javelin"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 45>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1972JavSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 AMC Javelin SST "Jazzy The Javelin"
    Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 10:35pm
i found this babe should i buy? new here btw....

Edited by 1972JavSST - Aug/18/2014 at 2:57am
1971 AMC Javelin SST
1972 AMC Javelin SST 360\4Spd
1972 AMC Javelin AMX 401\4Spd
1973 AMC Javelin R.I.P
1973 AMC Javelin 304\904
1974 AMC Javelin AMX 360\727
74JavelinHCC View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74JavelinHCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 2:43am
That actually looks pretty straight, and doesn't look rusted out at all.
If the price is right it looks like a good solid buy for a project.
How much they askin?
I'm not building to sell. I'm in it for keeps.

2010 Dodge Avenger
1951 Chevy 3100 (on 82 3/4ton chassis with 6.2l Detroit Diesel)
abndanger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abndanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 5:18am
Body look in really great shape as stated. I noticed the trunk lock cylinder is missing and the front trim on the hood with an eyebrow trim missing as well. The bumper in bent but all in all exterior wise it looks solid. Would need more pictures. The rear tail lights look intact as well. If the price is right I would try and save her. Keep us posted and good luck!!!
" LIVING THE AMX DREAM"
1973 AMX Javelin Pierre Cardin
1973 AMX Javelin Barnfind "Wifes"
iagmc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iagmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 6:36am
be ready to dump about 10 gs to make it a show winner, unless you can do it all your self. I would not be interested if the little stuff is not there. Esp the interior, the little things could cost more than a body panel, and depending on the item it might not be found. Example, amc fuel gauge for a cj is $35, the little lights are 35, for the set, etc it adds up quickly. The dash panel for the ambo NOS was 400 on ebay, used about 200. these little things can add up quickly. I have passed on cars because too much of the little stuff was gone. I would rather it missing the front clip than missing all the little things.

Make sure all the little stuff is there.
Dave Z View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 7:16am
Originally posted by iagmc iagmc wrote:

be ready to dump about 10 gs to make it a show winner, unless you can do it all your self. I would not be interested if the little stuff is not there. Esp the interior, the little things could cost more than a body panel, and depending on the item it might not be found. Example, amc fuel gauge for a cj is $35, the little lights are 35, for the set, etc it adds up quickly. The dash panel for the ambo NOS was 400 on ebay, used about 200. these little things can add up quickly. I have passed on cars because too much of the little stuff was gone. I would rather it missing the front clip than missing all the little things.

Make sure all the little stuff is there.
 Good point, but it depends on what the end goal is. For instance, some have been upgrading the dash with more modern instrumentation, so all the original items there wouldn't matter. Myself, I'm not hung up on originality, I'm more for a nice car that's been personalized by me. But then I build my cars to pass on to my kids, not to sell.

Dave Z
390spirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 7:37am
And I must say Dave Z you build very nice cars!
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 9:49am
Buy it cheap, wash it, sweep the funny weed seeds out of it, change the  oil and drive it.  Show those good ole boys what a Javelin can do.   Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
1972JavSST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1972JavSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 10:01am
the engine and trans was rebuilt 12 years ago and parked for restore that faded away!rust through on floor pans body solid asking 2k and im 15 looking for my first car to build.i'm anti honda tune junk i'm a muscle car freak i also build dirtbikes.
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 10:06am
See if it runs, then if it does, offer them 1500 and see what they say. Then follow pacermans suggestion.

Good luck!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

1972JavSST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1972JavSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 10:17am
the carb is flooding out hes asking 2000 and it has flats 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 45>
  Share Topic