TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1971 Hornet 2 door sedan / project car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jroemer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 Hornet 2 door sedan / project car
    Posted: Nov/18/2018 at 5:45am
Needs a lot of work but has a solid body. 232 with 3 speed on the column. Runs and drives, needs brake work. Ohio title. Moving need to sell. $800
1972 Hornet X two door sedan

AMO# 9855             
matty 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2018 at 4:43pm
why do you have to be so far away 
72 matador 401 the beast
79 concord 2 door
72 matador 304 grasshopper
68 Rogue 360
93 Cherokee 2wd 4.0 5 speed
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2018 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by matty 401 matty 401 wrote:

Heck, it ain't that far. It's only 12 hours from Des Moines to Vandergrift, PA. Just a weekend trip in my book. Go for it!! Thumbs Up

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi powered Javelin
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2018 at 7:42am
Or have it shipped. I've had cars delivered from AZ and NM very reasonably.
1968 Javelin
1969 AMX 290 (first car)
1971 Hornet SC/360
1977 Levi's Hornet AMX
AMO# 983
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by matty 401 matty 401 wrote:

Heck, it ain't that far. It's only 12 hours from Des Moines to Vandergrift, PA. Just a weekend trip in my book. Go for it!! Thumbs Up

Yeah, right. If you have no traffic, never stop for gas, never stop to pee or eat.
I've driven from the east side of Polk County to Reading and it's far longer than 12 hours.
We left at 5am and got inside the western part of PA at 10 PM. That's a bit over 12 hours.
Giggle maps are for perfect conditions, no stops. (and aren't to be trusted)

But I agree, it is a weekend pickup.
I left at about 5am Friday, finished the drive to Reading Saturday AM after getting some sleep on the west side of PA, loaded up a car which took a lot of time because it was an Eagle with the differential left hanging by the front axles, started back late Saturday afternoon, hotel just into Ohio, then was back home Sunday evening.

Love that Hornet body style, love the lines and a 232 is a solid engine. If the floor is good and the other key areas - jump on it.

PA is loaded with HILLS between me and Reading and I80 east in Iowa sucks if you are pulling anything and don't even think about I80 east in Iowa if there's an Iowa game!
Once you get closer to PA you want to be sure you have good trailer brakes. 
It's beautiful but has some loooong grades in spots. 

Edited by billd - Nov/21/2018 at 12:34pm
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2018 at 12:51pm
A solid body is absolutely worth it. Ive driven long distances to get a car...body work to fix a rust bucket will bite your wallet.
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2018 at 3:56pm
That would not cost a lot to ship.
nbarr View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2018 at 6:58pm
Was told it’s sold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic