TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970-72 seat foam to become available

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 9:07am
I do know from speaking to them that it's made especially for us and not just a repackage of an existing foam.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Halfbreed View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halfbreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 11:40am
Wondering since you ordered them, how much do they cost? Is this for just the front buckets or the back seat too? 
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 11:54am
Pretty expensive imho. $399 for foam only (for the pair of buckets). I got 15% off that for Veterans Day sale. I understand they have 25% sale coming up for Thanksgiving/Xmas. Wish I'd waited but only found out about it after I'd ordered.

No seat foam available for rear bench.

jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Pretty expensive imho. $399 for foam only (for the pair of buckets). I got 15% off that for Veterans Day sale. I understand they have 25% sale coming up for Thanksgiving/Xmas. Wish I'd waited but only found out about it after I'd ordered.

No seat foam available for rear bench.

Wow that's a bit more than I would have guessed,
I'm sure there's more that goes into recreating and producing the foam than I realize,
and our specialty market keeps the number of potential sales low...

but 4 beans for something you never actually see......

I'm just hoping that foam fits and feels as great as the price would seem to indicate. (you could buy some used Recaro ST seats for that Wink )

Thanks for being the Guinea Pig,
I'm sure lots of us wouldn't mind seeing pics and hearing your thoughts on the fit once you receive it. 
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

I do know from speaking to them that it's made especially for us and not just a repackage of an existing foam.

I hope you're not disappointed, I've dealt a lot w/ Legendary in the past and it can go either way.
70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2017 at 8:58pm
My 73 AMX seat foam has a spring assembly molded into it ,to support your rear end .I'll be amazed if new ones have it .Maybe new foam is way more dense than the old stuff, there's got to be a way to support your weight thru the foam. When I did my seats I added a seat pan to support my weight ,using a mix of the old seat foam and new foam.The support spring in seat foam were shot.

Edited by 68-73 amx - Nov/20/2017 at 9:09pm
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2017 at 9:25pm
Have they added the '70 seat buns to their website? I can't find them.

-Steve-

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 1:02am
Originally posted by 68-73 amx 68-73 amx wrote:

My 73 AMX seat foam has a spring assembly molded into it ,to support your rear end .I'll be amazed if new ones have it .Maybe new foam is way more dense than the old stuff, there's got to be a way to support your weight thru the foam. When I did my seats I added a seat pan to support my weight ,using a mix of the old seat foam and new foam.The support spring in seat foam were shot.

73 & 74 seats are different from 70-72. I didn't know that about the internal spring on the later seats, but that probably explains why they are much more supportive than the 70-72 seats.

Edited by CamJam - Nov/21/2017 at 1:05am

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Rebel Machine Rebel Machine wrote:

Have they added the '70 seat buns to their website? I can't find them.

-Steve-

If you mean the seat foam, it's not on the website yet. You have to call them.

Scene One View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 8:31pm
Hi Cam,
        Keep us updated on how the foam works out. I will be approaching that part of my project very soon. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks B.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic