TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970-72 seat foam to become available

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970-72 seat foam to become available
    Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 7:01pm
This past weekend, my son and I participated in the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race, in Stanton Michigan.

I've noticed for as long as I can remember that Legendary Auto Interiors sets up a booth for display there.

For at least the last 4 years, I've wanted to go talk with the Legendary people, regarding their considerations to make the 1970-72 turtle back seat foam. In the past I always got sidetracked, but this year I dug in and a friend of mine and I went over to talk with them.

Great news... This project has been in their development pipeline now for a few years. They are going to start offering it (upper and lower, driver and pass. side) with projected availability in December 2017.   

They are readying a display of it, that they will feature at the upcoming SEMA show, where with the cooperation of a friend and forum member I alerted (who is attending SEMA), we might get an early glimpse.

I asked the gentleman if it was OK to put this out on a Forum I frequent. He was very much OK with it.

I know this is a sorely needed product, and will be welcomed by AM Nation!

Rich C.

Edited by Ram Air Rick - Sep/18/2017 at 8:09pm
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 7:04pm
A welcomed product!
Thanks for researching and posting the information.

Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 8:41pm
That's good news....it would have been great news a few years ago when i did mine! lol
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 8:59pm
Great because I will need them
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 9:54pm
Perfect timing! I was actually planning earlier today where to buy sheets of seat foam for my '72. Since Legendary didn't make it I figured I would have to cut/form it myself.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 10:01pm
By the way, SEMA is in Las Vegas Oct 31 - Nov 3, and our Las Vegas AMC show is November 3 and 4.  Might be a good reason to do both.

I wonder if they will be offering a show discount?

Edited by CamJam - Sep/18/2017 at 10:04pm

Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 5:21am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

That's good news....it would have been great news a few years ago when i did mine! lol

Once received, I wanted to post this info asap for just that reason. So people who need them now or in the not to distant future, can plan for their availability. 

Rich C.
Bandana View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 9:10pm
Yup great news. Early this year would have been better when I had my seats
"re stuffed" in an effort to fill the seat covers...
Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 9:18pm
Great news!  And you know why they're becoming available?
Because I just paid through the teeth to have new custom foams built for the turtle backs in my Gremlin.
(cuz, y'know - it's all about me.)

That's my luck though.

Are they ever going to consider the 73-77 bucket foams?  There's a boatload more of them!

I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2017 at 8:15pm
Legendary just confirmed to me that they have finished the tooling and hope to have the seat foam on the market by the end of this month!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic