TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 Rebel, Missing numbers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skymit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 12:41am
Western Red,
I have been told I can do a stat dec by someone else as well. I do have the Australian Compliance plate for the car. It has fallen off, but I still have it. Just need to get some new pot rivots.  Hopefully that will prove the origin for them. Just have to find some time so I can do all the things that it needs to get it over the pits.

Cheers

Cheers
ryder6330 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryder6330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 2:55pm
Back then alot of cars did not have a form of chassis identification and it was accepted as normal. Victoria was an exeption(there might be others). You can always tell a original VIC car as they stamped a VP number onto the oil filter bracket. WHen I registered my 72 Javelin back in the late 90s VicRoads would not accept any of the ID numbers for the change of registration and they just a stuck a sticker in the engine bay with a number on it. The number washed off but.......
The Javelin had been registered from new and I was buying it from the original owner so they had never had any ID for that car until I tried to register it in my name.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic