TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 amx woodgrain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHACKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 9:56am
you said you talked to him in auburn? and he said no to doing one for you? did he say he might if he had enough orders?
RAYMON H
AMARK View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 10:06am
I am not doing woodgrain overlays for now.  They take to much time to do and the demand has been low for the last five years
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 10:32am
Hi Mark :) 

IF you decided to do a run (obviously at a price where it IS worth your while) what would be the number you needed to do? There are people that really appreciate the level of your work!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 11:55am
I. Tried the outfit in Wisconsin, they do the Grand Cherokee Restorations, however they would not sell me one side for my Eagle....then found a co. In Washington State who ordered the 24 feet material thru them....installed locally (upstate NY) who did a beautiful job (except I ordered 22 feet) spliced it in but not bad I can find it.....it is an exact match on the 88 Eagle. Ted
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 7:53pm
All I can say is that if Mark ever decides to do these wood grain restorations again is to take advantage of it and buy them while you can !
The overlays that he did for my 69 AMX console were beyond outstanding.
The wood grain was a perfect match to the original and the bright metal edges around the perimeter were flawless. Today, maybe 10 years later they still look like new.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 8:15pm
Georgew;
I'm glad yours turned out so well, it really spiffs up a dull faded or sun bleached Dinoc The Grand Wagonaire folks appear to have a good business going and with the prices it seems there is a lot of folks who like them.....Ted
DoughertyAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 8:30pm
I would prepay for an AC dash overlay.  He is the best, bar none.
Bill F View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 9:03pm
Seems like interest/demand is growing again. I would gladly prepay for a set of you decide to do them again. I wouldn't need them for probably a year from now.
Bill Frazer
calamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 10:30am
I would order two sets as I have two cars coming up if he decided to make a run of them
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 11:09am
Don't hold your breath. Ma Chisler threatened a lawsuit over the unauthorized use of the AMX, AMC, Javelin, etc. logo and names. I.e., they wanted money as they own all things AMC.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic