TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1969 Javelin SST 343 Restoration - minimal mods
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1969 Javelin SST 343 Restoration - minimal mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 5:18pm

Dogyman2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 5:22pm
Sadly the passenger floor pan was just bad enough we decided to replace it. My first welding job ever and I think I did okay! Had my dad coaching me the whole way. I know its not perfect but I'll take it for my first ever attempt.

Dogyman2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 5:25pm
Old Rear End -> turned into something beautiful

Dogyman2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 5:29pm
Had some fun with one of the guys cars at the shop. He has a 1967 Mustang convertible. Borrowed his wheels for fun.

Dogyman2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 5:40pm
This is where I started down a path that I must continue to walk even though I wish we had done things a little different. I would have loved to have done body work and a rotisserie style resto but O well. You live and learn. I painted the engine compartment what I think is very close to OE color and installed the motor and trans. The drive-train looks amazing! Had some minor issues with things like the trans filler tube and the big headers but we made it through. 

Dogyman2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 5:41pm
This is pretty much where I am currently at. Next I will be focusing on fixing some minor issues in the trunk and more sanding, oh how I love sanding. I would love to get the steering column back in soon and at least steer this thing around. 
wantajav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantajav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 6:03pm
Great progress!

you might find the original build sheet behind the back panel of the passenger seat. 

looks like a "go pack" SST Javelin, would have had 343 V8, disc brakes, HD suspension standard. Very nice car.

Someassemblyrqd View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Someassemblyrqd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 7:07pm
how cool having your dad and all his years of experience right there, sharing your experience.  Keep the pix coming.    BTW, what did you do for a cam? Clap
Greg E.
ScrambledEgg View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScrambledEgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 9:02pm
That is a very cool pic of you, your old man and your car. You will look back at that pic one day and it will bring back a lot of memories. Nice progress!
ScrambledEgg
davester304 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote davester304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 10:47am
Looks like fun and coming along well. Chrome headers look great - mine are black so not as exciting!
1970 Javelin SST
If you don't look back at it when you park it, you bought the wrong car
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic