TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1968 REBEL SST - 2 DR. HARDTOP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 REBEL SST - 2 DR. HARDTOP
    Posted: Jun/16/2019 at 7:20pm
   Can someone help straighten these pics out - no idea why I cannot do so - anyway, 1968 Rebel SST 2 door hardtop for sale. I purchased the car out of California and shipped it to North Dakota - rust free car - clean floors, trunk, frames-NICE. It was a 290 car, now a 304 - auto, PS, PB, air (system complete but currently not blowing cold and I have not addressed it) - runs and drives well - NEW brakes, carpet, upholstery, seat belts rewebbed, rear speakers, wheels, tires, exhaust repaired, and car buffed out by a local detail shop - straight body, shiny smooth paint, all glass good, vinyl top good, decent bumpers, dual exhaust with new chrome tips, all trim present.   Radio not working (new rear speakers, wired to the front of the car and new antenna not attached) -no headliner - It makes a great driver - body and paint would cost more than I ask for the car plus NO RUST. $10,000 Dean cell 701-205-6906 / I will detail the car and get more pics - if you have the funds and are a serious buyer, please send me an email and I will forward more pics - it will end up on ebay if I cannot get a buyer. Need to make space for more cars and parts coming. Thank you very much!

Edited by easydean - Sep/10/2019 at 11:40am
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2019 at 10:22pm
Gosh, Dean! I don't know where you find all these amazing cars, but this one looks like a real beauty!
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!)
70 AMX 360 4-speed
70 Javelin SST 390
knightflight View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2019 at 10:19am
Dean,

The A/C in that car worked fine until a couple months before you bought it. I'm sure it just has a bad o-ring or something simple.
Just mentioning it in case someone sees it here and is considering buying it and they consider that a deal breaker. A/C can be expensive to fix, but I would think this is a simple one.

I can vouch for this car.

Walt
'67 Rebel SST conv.
'68 Rebel SST coupe. (X2)
'69 SC/Rambler (#7 on registry)
'69 Javelin SST Go-Pak 390-4 speed
'70 Rebel Machine 4spd
'72 Javelin AMX 360 ram-air
'74 Hornet-X hatchback
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2019 at 6:48pm
Pretty car and an excellent color combination.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2019 at 4:31pm
06/23/19 Just posted on ebay / 24 photos that can be enlarged - clean, rust free, sharp car fella's
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2019 at 5:16pm
I see the car is gone from eBay. Did it sell ?
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2019 at 5:24pm
No it did not sell - will most likely relist it unless you come and buy it?
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 11:40am
$10,000 takes it home
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 5:06pm
I want it!!
Beautiful car.
Would make a perfect companion to my '67 drop-top.
But the wallet is not letting me.
Dang!

g-man

AMC only daily driver
1970 javi View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970 javi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 6:49pm
That is a nice ride. I don’t know how you manage to find the quality cars you do when it’s hard to find an Amc in any condition. Nice work
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic