TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 Rogue Convertible Project Barbados Blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warneramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1967 Rogue Convertible Project Barbados Blue
    Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 5:14pm
Giving the Forum a shot at this before putting back on Ebay a second time. I will list it here until July 8th then I will relist it. This was my late father's 1967 Rogue convertible that he purchased in Western Washington in the early 80s. This is a very, very early production vehicle based on the last 6 digits of the VIN being 100093. AMC Kenosha assembled cars always had a 1 in the sixth or first place so this was only the 93rd vehicle down the assembly line. Prior owner's name was Randy Hammer. Anyway, the pictures tell the sad story- The 232 straight six does not turn over, and there is obvious rust out in the quarter drop outs. Tires are all rotted and flat so you will need a trailer at the least. It has had some prior body work on the passenger side as evidenced by old paint checking etc. Odds are if you are looking at this then you know what it is and how rare it is. I hope someone will buy it and save it or at least use it to save other Roques. Side windows are all good. The driver's side is rolled down in the pictures. This had the rare bucket seat with center armrest option and column shift automatic. I believe the color is Barbados Blue Metallic. The drivers door is original and the door tag is present and shows correct paint code and Rogue convertible model number as well. The door panels could probably be salvaged. It looks pretty horrible but it was never driven is the east or in areas that used road salt in the winters so I believe it can be saved. I have the title in the prior owner's name from Washington. I will issue you a bill of sale and the rest is up to you but it has not been registered or on the road since the late 70s early 80s. I don't know if the bumpers are around or not. If I can find them they are included. I could keep it around for a while (30 days) if you make arrangements with me. He made an attempt to keep some of the elements out by placing old paneling on top but yeah a pretty big shame. Does not include the two spare decklids shown on the trunk area in pictures. $1500. PM me or text or call me. Car is in Provo, Utah Cell 970-712-2459  Warner Fletcher
Added a picture of the door tag, driver's door bottom and the driver's window partially rolled up as someone asked if all the glass was good. With the exception of the windshield, all windows are present and good. As evidenced by the driver's door bottom, this is not a rusted out car as it was only driven in Canada and Western Washington. Well worth saving. 

Edited by warneramc - Jul/16/2017 at 3:11pm
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 10:02pm
With that early VIN it may have been ordered for the showroom at the Rambler dealership.  And it was not necessarily the 98th one built, just the 98th one ordered.  The door tag, bottom number will indicate the sequence in which it came down the line.  That car is just like the blue one in the 1967 brochure and if I had room for it I would have already contacted you.  I may yet.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2017 at 9:38am
Go for it Joe...It looks pretty darn good and a solid project with nearly all of that hard to find Rogue trim still there....Bob in Alabama
Thankyou....Bob
warneramc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warneramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 3:12pm
I have added a picture of the door tag, driver's door bottom and the driver's window partiall rolled up as requested by some. While this car does have some rust through in the drop outs, it is not a rust bucket as it was only driven in Western Washington and has been off the road since the early 80's
typhooner View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2017 at 9:58am
There is a lot of good parts on that car, but be patient as a Rambler convertible is a specialty car, and where you are located makes it an extremely hard sell. I bought my '67 Rogue convertible just like it in the western corner of Montana where it had been offered for sale for several years. The seller had no success primarily because the average cost to transport the car professionally is about $1500, making it not worth the effort unless a person comes to get it himself. Which is what i did. He finally listed the car for $800.00 and i hooked up my trailer and drove the 23 hour(one way) drive to pick it up. I got to travel through a part of Glacier park, and through North Dakota,  which has some very picturesque scenery, so i did enjoy the trip. I decided to try a stretch of highway 2 through Montana up near the border which wasn't so nice. When i got back home to Mn. i was pretty dog tired, and didn't get much sleep as i had to get back home for other reasons. So i pretty much went there and drove back all in one stretch with several catnaps on the way. Not an easy task so it's not going to be an easy sell for you most likely. It will require patience. I was tempted to pick it up myself as a parts car for mine, but not in the cards right now. Good luck.
1969 Hurst SC/Rambler A Scheme
1967 Rogue Convertible
1969 Rebel Raider Electric Green (BBG)
1969 Rebel Raider Tangerine (BBO)
1969 Rebel Raider Blue You've Never Seen (BBB)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic