TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 american 343

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401rumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2015 at 1:47pm
I would like to go to the Little Anthony show but before I drive from Vail I really need to come up with a fan shroud. I drove it to town lst weekend and had major overheating problems. When I bought the car back the fan shroud was missing in action.
1967 Rambler 343 T-10
Rampar View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rampar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2015 at 10:24am
Ok, well I believe I am going, looking forward to seeing your car around 
1966 Rampar American
Rampar View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rampar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2015 at 9:15pm
Hey Did you go to Little Anthony's? There was a rambler driving around, I never did find where it parked. 
1966 Rampar American
401rumbler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401rumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2015 at 9:40pm
Yes that was me in the rambler at little Anthony's. I parked in the outside of the show because I overheated again majorly and was spewing antifreeze. I pull the mechanical fan and installed an electric fan and temperature controller for it. However for some reason the fan relay failed and the fan stopped working. I limped it to the show and stayed just long enough to eat. Then I limped it back to vail. Luckily I brought a water spayer with me just in case I had a problem. So now I get to reword my fan and check my thermostat. I am considering buying a aluminum radiator but haven't found a bolt in option yet.
1967 Rambler 343 T-10
Bill Mitchell View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2015 at 8:57am
Champion radiator on e-bay has bolt-in radiators for the American. I have one on my 67 which was having major overheating problems when I got it. I have a fan shroud and a high volume water pump. No more problems. I have a 180 thermostat and that's where it runs in all kinds of weather. Get the cooling system as close to factory as you can and it will be OK.........Bill Mitchell
Bill Mitchell

Rampar View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rampar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2015 at 8:55am
Oh Sorry to hear that Yeah my starter went out and wouldn't do anything... So i took my dads Big rump white Cadillac instead. So about your radiator i have a cheap Aluminum Radiator from Speedmaster, I had to trim a little to get it to fit. I know they do bolt ins but they're money, mine was about 120 bucks and im budget building. 
1966 Rampar American
crossramrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossramrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2019 at 10:08pm
Any updates on this way cool and rare car?
stocker2038 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stocker2038 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2019 at 7:06pm
I bought this car 3 years ago, sadly I am moving and have lost storage I need to sell this car
austinsamx74 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinsamx74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2019 at 3:05pm
do you still have car for sale ?
stocker2038 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stocker2038 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2019 at 4:09pm
sorry for taking so long to respond but with moving and other things i'm way behind

car is for sale I have it in storage unit

for details

call Doug

423 421 2641
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic