TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1966 Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 7:25am
Well the car is not there anymore so hopefully someone bought it who wasn't a cheapskate. After reading some of the comments here it's no wonder you don't see many old AMC cars on the road. The car was complete and in good shape, an excellent candidate for a restoration and people are whining about  $7500? The fact is nobody makes any money on 99% of old car restorations no matter what the make. I restored mine because I enjoy working on and driving them, not to make money. So what if you pay a couple thousand more than you think it's worth, have fun restoring and driving it. Like I said if you're in this to make money you'd best find another line of work.

Edited by cone - Sep/18/2020 at 3:54pm
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 7:53am
Thanks for showing us the near, rare, Rebel! I too hope it went to a good AMC home. 
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 9:28am
Originally posted by cone cone wrote:

Well the car is not there anymore so hopefully someone bought it who wasn't a cheapskate. After reading some of the comments here it's no wonder you don't see many old AMC cars on the road. The car was complete and in good shape, an excellent candidate for a restoration and people are whining about  $7500? The fact is nobody makes any money on 99% of old car restorations no matter what the make. I restored mine because I enjoy working on and driving them, not to make money. So what if you pay a couple thousand more than you think it's worth, have fun restoring and driving it. Like I said if your in this to make money you'd best find another line of work.

Well said! Thumbs Up
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 220 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 10:51am
A/C, shift command, that is a nice car, if he gets what he's asking good for him. Always have to have wiggle room. Only takes one buyer......
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 11:06am
It gets frustrating when people have inflated ideas about value. I see it all the time. I put way more dough into my car than it is worth and I know that and would price it accordingly if I were to sell. My car fully restored is worth about 5k. It's a 4 door 66 classic so I wouldn't be asking 25k. I'm not out to rip people off. That's all I'm saying.

The worst are those guys that let cars rot in a field asking double or triple the value of the car then when they die the old rusted junk gets crushed and nobody wins.
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 11:14am
4 door cars generally don't bring much money. I thought the 2 door pictured was a decent deal. You can't buy a like 2 door from the Big 3 that cheap.
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 1:33pm
One would have to know what the underside of this Rebel looked like; how it ran; etc. before making a judgement on price. The only obvious drawback was the incorrect interior. Since '66 Rebel's and Ambassador hardtops came with such nifty interiors, that would be a minus in my book. Otherwise, asking price didn't appear way out of line!

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

One would have to know what the underside of this Rebel looked like; how it ran; etc. before making a judgement on price. The only obvious drawback was the incorrect interior. Since '66 Rebel's and Ambassador hardtops came with such nifty interiors, that would be a minus in my book. Otherwise, asking price didn't appear way out of line!

I wondered what the seats came from. Looks like an old German made early 70's Mercury Capri seats maybe.

Edited by Sonic Silver - Sep/18/2020 at 1:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic