TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1966 Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1966 Classic
    Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 3:56pm
It isn't mine but I saw this car along the road and stopped to take a look. It appears to be be very good shape with no rust. It's located in Sayre, Pennsylvania. 

Edited by cone - Aug/26/2020 at 4:29pm
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
cone View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 4:11pm
More pictures.
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2020 at 10:31am
It's a well optioned car but sheesh the price is dreaming. I'd be comfortable paying about half that.
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by First_Gear First_Gear wrote:

It's a well optioned car but sheesh the price is dreaming. I'd be comfortable paying about half that.

Hate to be negative, but for half of that you'd probably have to buy half the car.  Not very many of these cars with such complete interiors.  Assuming this has a running and driving 287 or 327, that brings a lot of value.  Not to mention the non-original, but very clean and complete interior.

I bet this paint would come back to a gloss and it could maybe have the vinyl top replaced or cleaned up.

This is a good bit of car for the money and a great starting spot.
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk - 1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic - 2000 Trans Am WS6
BDCVG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCVG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2020 at 2:55pm
I drove by this car today too, it is pretty cool.
1965 Austin-Healey 3000

1970 AMX 390 5 spd, Control Freak IFS and rear coil overs,4 wheel disc brakes

2008 Subaru OBXT 5MT
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2020 at 3:08pm
The price is a dream.Just watched a auction on tv today and you can get some great cars for around five grand.Prices are down in the world on some cars.
cone View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2020 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by AMXRWB AMXRWB wrote:

The price is a dream.Just watched a auction on tv today and you can get some great cars for around five grand.Prices are down in the world on some cars.
The sign does say OBO, hopefully someone will make an offer.

Edited by cone - Aug/27/2020 at 3:59pm
1948kaiser View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2020 at 4:20pm
is a lot cheaper than the ones in the rambler reader
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2020 at 10:03am
People ask stupid prices for old cars. These years aren't collectable. I should know I own a 66 classic! I payed $900 for mine though it's a 4  door. NADA says a 66 classic coupe with ac and a v8 is $9500 high retail. That means perfect mint original condition in a retail setting.
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2020 at 10:38pm
You know guys,
If I didn't have major health issues right now that I am recovering from (meaning that I am broke as he++ right now) I would make the guy an offer.
I mean, it looks pretty darn clean, they aren't making anymore of them...he's probably NOT an AMC guy (maybe he got it from a deceased relative), and I'm pretty sure he will take a lot less once he starts seeing money being flashed in front of him, and don't ever forget, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...or the most a seller can get for it.
And always remember this, when it comes to sales, the perfect sale is always when the seller thinks he has screwed the buyer...and the buyer thinks he has screwed the seller.
It's that simple.Wink

g-man
AMC only daily driver
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic