TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1965 Ambassador 990 Survivor Loaded

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazenoex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 Ambassador 990 Survivor Loaded
    Posted: Oct/03/2017 at 2:53pm
All,

I am selling my 65 Ambo 990 survivor car. I really wanted to get this running/driving for my dad, but he can no longer drive. This is a 327, 4 barrel carb, Auto on the column with A/C, PW, PS, Rambler floor mats, tissue dispenser, etc.  The carb looked brand new, but is the original factory holley that it came with.  Motor is very clean (sorry for no photo, but I will get one).  The car was very much cared for but believed to be off the road since the 70's. There was a bend in the front driver fender and the original tire was flat/shredded, which is what I think caused the owner to garage this car. I put the spare tire on it and put the flat tire in the trunk.  This was the first time this tire had come off the car, since the paint on the rim was excellent and the nuts were not worn from removal. This car also came from Arizona and has 0 rust/rot. There are a spot or two of surface rust where paint has chipped, but no rot. There is some interior issues but much of the interior is in great shape. The carpet looks new and unworn. I still want to get the car running and will continue to work on it until it sells. If you have any interest or need more pictures, please feel free to PM me. I've got the title, but it's year is listed as a 64 and it's clearly a 65. I'll get that fixed before selling. I just bought a new driver side taillight to replaced the cracked one that is pictured.  All the chrome and stainless trim is in good to great condition.  There is a slight bend in the rear bumper on the passenger side and the bend in the driver side fender.  Also some tearing in the front seats.  That is all the damage I see on this car.  I'm asking $2500.  Thanks! Mark  mzeno@woh.rr.com or 419-606-3600.

Motor bay was dusty from sitting, but motor block and such is very clean.  Inside the carb under air filter looked like a new holley, but it's the original.  

Edited by mazenoex - Oct/09/2017 at 10:43am
1965 Rambler Marlin
easydean View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2017 at 6:48pm
Price is required with the post.  Just an FYI.  Good luck.
mazenoex View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazenoex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2017 at 1:54pm
Sorry about that, I've fixed the listing with the price.  Thanks!  Mark

1965 Rambler Marlin
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2017 at 12:24am
What a great car Mark!
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2017 at 12:00pm
I hope some of these cars are still around when I get done with the projects I already have. *ha* Very nice!
mazenoex View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazenoex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2017 at 4:34pm
This one is still available. Will be up to work on it again today and Saturday.
1965 Rambler Marlin
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2017 at 11:30pm
It doesn't work that way....
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2017 at 9:16pm
Would look great with that bumper I have for sale.
mazenoex View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazenoex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2017 at 10:44am
Just added new motor pictures to the original listing.  
1965 Rambler Marlin
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2017 at 12:58am
Wow Mark, what a time capsule, you got that right about the carb, just a sweet little girl, does it have power windows too, it has power everything else, ps,pb,Ac man what a cool,cool,car. are you sure you don't want to keep her? What a beauty!

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic