TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1964 Classic A/C Vent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2tires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1964 Classic A/C Vent
    Posted: May/28/2018 at 11:47am
Hello all. I have a 1964 Rambler Classic with A/C. I'm looking for a replacement dash vent. This dash has three round vents approx. 3-4" in diameter. These just pop out of the dash. Just need one in good-great condition. I can be texted or called at 606 794 7970.

Thanks. 
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 7:20am
I repaired my vents. Used tooth picks for the pivots, epoxied to the back of the vents. A piece of stiff wire might work better, but I repaired mine over 10 years ago and have had no issues. The little end "tips" that pivot usually break from rough handling and age over the years. After a coat of paint they look great.
Frank Swygert
N2tires View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2tires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2018 at 1:56pm
Yes. I have found a replacement but I am still considering repairing mine as the vanes are color matched to my exterior color. About half of my bridge is remaining. I plan on finding some plastic, or whatever the material is, and cutting it out to the correct deminsions and length, I will drill a hole in one end and then do a cutout at the tip so I can snap it into the mounting point on the other vane. Finding the correct glue/epoxy to bond the two will be the trick. I usually don't have luck trying to bond small plastic type pieces.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic