TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1962 Classic door panels / armrests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1962 Classic door panels / armrests
    Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 8:48pm
Hi all; I am new to the group, and have just bought a project 62 Rambler Classic Wagon. I am looking for your toughts on re-creating the interior door panels, and recovering armrests. I searched online and have found no companies selling reproduction door panels or armrests.

Anyone have any thoughts on where I can source vinyl to remake these panels?

Thanks!
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2019 at 1:11pm
I have several NOS 62 armrest pads of different colors that can be re-dyed to match your interior.  I have sold the common colors like Corsican gold and dark grey but have a couple of additional pairs.  These will be much easier to dye (if necessary, since you didn't state your interior color) than if you try to refurbish some old worn out pads.  Contact me by PM if interested.  

Regarding the door panels, the vinyl itself is probably available from SMS Auto Interiors in Oregon. Call them and give them the trim code off of your driver's door tag.   The aluminum scuff plates at the bottom (on the high end cars) can probably be reproduced.  The problem as I see it, is the "heat stamped" impressions in the vinyl.   You will need to research how to do that if you want to duplicate it.  I am assuming any chrome/stainless trim strips on your panels are still good.  You can get the thick pressboard backing through upholstery supply places or just use thin plywood or sheet metal for the backing. Joe 
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Steven View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2019 at 2:49pm
Hi;

Regarding the 62 classic wagon armrests, the interior trim code is 264-V (green).

I'd need 2 complete armrests.

Let me know if you have anything that would work.

Thanks,

Steven
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic