TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1959 Rambler Six Weatherstripping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 59SeattleSuperSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 2:28pm
I'm trying to RESTORE this particular portion.Thanks for moving it to the proper location. 

Heavy, yeah you know that's what I've heard, but never seen someone with it nor have I seen original interior with it still there so I don't know but I've heard people using some trash bags to keep the water from the door panel then it's just keeping those "drains" clean.
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 2:29pm
check that the drain holes in the door are not plugged up. This could cause your problem. You are looking for "beltline" stripping for the bottoms of the windows. I now dont recall where I bought mine. I think maybe it was peter sathes. It sounds familiar.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 2:47pm
Don't know about trash bags. Hit a home center for some 4 or 6 mil plastic sheeting.  Towards the bottom of the door should be a couple spots to tuck it in and redirect any water that made it that far.  On later model cars it applies to the whole inner door like a peel and stick. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic