TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

17th Annual Good Times Show Co. Spgs. - Event Date: Aug/17/2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 17th Annual Good Times Show Co. Spgs.
    Posted: Mar/21/2008 at 3:31am
17th Annual Good Times Car Show is set for Sunday, August 17, 2008.

Hosted by Southern Colorado Mopars - Colorado Cruizers - Cruisin' Mamas - Rocky Mountain Mustangers.

West Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Show open to all makes - all models - all years, and restorations in progress. Last year there were 380 entries & this year's show will be limited to 400.

Out of 380 entires last year, only 4 were AMCs! This is a great venue and has attracted nearly 10,000 visitors each of the last two years. Got an AMC? Enter it in the show's Mopar/AMC 1961-1990 class this year!

Entry fee is only $20, lots of awards given for each class

This is a big show at a great location that has become pretty popular. It's well worth the trip from anywhere!

Download and mail in your entry application today!

From last year's Good Times show...

Edited by Mountainmoron - Mar/27/2008 at 4:52am
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2008 at 10:05am
Got our registration in the mail last week. Sounds like they're going to meet their goal of 400 cars at this year's event.

It's well worth the trip for anyone who is within several hours driving time from Colorado Springs!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2008 at 1:40pm
Just 4 days away!

Who else is planning to attend - Javelinman? ColoradoAMX? Bob's AMX?
javelinman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2008 at 8:11pm

See you sunday!

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2008 at 5:19pm
Excellent!

I am judging this year - ought to be interesting.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2008 at 9:02pm
I sure hope the weather gods have something better in store for Sunday.

It's been in the forties here all day with plenty of rain throughout. I just checked & Sunday is supposed to be up into the 60's, but still a 50% chance of thunder storms... not the kind of weather that brings out the crowds.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2008 at 12:35pm
I'm a judge also this year! but I'm not going to go if that rain keeps up like this!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2008 at 5:37pm
Cool - but we may not have too many cars to judge! I still plan to show up at the pavilion around 9am to see if they need judges (depending on how many cars actually turn out, there may not be a need for many judges). But my car will be staying home in the garage - we had pea-size hail mixed with the rain here at the house toward the end of yesterday afternoon... that's the last thing I want to be dealing with. My daughter says it's been raining here pretty much all day.

We were up in your neck of the woods today (Lutheran High School in Parker) for a conference. I don't think the rain let up for even 10 minutes the whole time we were there. Amazing - we only get 15 inches of rainfall annually here, and it all comes in just 3 days!
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2008 at 10:28pm
I'll be there without a car it looks like we are going to have rain!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2008 at 12:05am
Early morning rain predicted with thunderstorms scattered throughout the day - 50% chance of rain overall. Bummer. This is usually a really well attended show when the weather cooperates.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic