TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 14TH Annual RONNIE LERMA CAR AND MOTORCYCLE SHOW
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

14TH Annual RONNIE LERMA CAR AND MOTORCYCLE SHOW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14TH Annual RONNIE LERMA CAR AND MOTORCYCLE SHOW
    Posted: Sep/22/2014 at 12:05pm
My friend and co-worker Ronnie Lerma was killed back in 1998 while writing a traffic citation on 635/LBJ Freeway here in Garland TX (Dallas area). Ronnie had stopped a truck on the highway and was struck by a van while he was standing next to his motorcycle. Ronnie and the driver he stopped were both killed.

Ronnie was a huge car guy and had a restored an old Dodge which he showed every chance he got. It was decided that we needed to do something for Ronnie and his family, and what a better way to honor Ronnie than a car show. This is the 14th Ronnie Lerma car show and will be held at the Harley Davidson Dealership in Garland. My Javelin is not ready yet but I will be there with my Cushman.

I haven't been able to get to all of them but I cant remember seeing an AMC. Hope yall can make it. Tom

http://www.dallashd.com/default.asp?page=ronnie-lerma-car-show

Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2014 at 10:20pm
Car show had a great turn out! 70 plus cars and trucks, but no AMCs. My little cushman did beat out about 20 Harley's to place in the top 10. Mine was the only 2-wheeler that was not a Harley.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2014 at 11:00pm
T, did you know there was a Texas Cushman Motor Scooter Club?
This past spring, about 30 members rode their various Cushman to Paris, Texas.
My first 2 wheeler was a 1959 Cushman Eagle, my father bought it for me in 1964.
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 7:14am
Yes sir I did. I haven't joined as there are not enough hours in the day for all of the stuff I have going on now. I would like to go on a ride at some point but again, no time. Maybe one day when I get all the kids off of the payroll. Like that will ever happen.

I love taking my scooter to shows, I always hear the stories of the guys that had one growing up, or their buddy had one and they wanted it. And everyone that had one has a scar to show from riding it.

My dad bought mine when I was 12 (1979)as a father/son project. I rode it around in the fields growing up. I kept it and moved it from house to house for yeas until I restored it back in 2000, and have been showing it ever since. I have never taken it to a show and not brought home a trophy. I love my little scooter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic