TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1 5/8 GRACE MANIFOLD VERSUS 1 3/4 KUSTOM HEADER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1 5/8 GRACE MANIFOLD VERSUS 1 3/4 KUSTOM HEADER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2014 at 11:14pm
JTSLLC1
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2014 at 11:34pm
Adkins suggested putting the dog leg in since the exhaust will flow better... So I guess the dog leg makes a difference even on a trapezoid head... These Trapezoid will flow enough to be able to use the 1 3/4 Grace Manifolds... 

Adkins will be developing the 2 ports then Galto Racing will be digitizing and 5 axis machining the rest of the ports to match..

I have reserved flow testing at Galto Racing  on Thursday to test the EFI intake converted to Carb attached to a ported head and then we will test a Torker reworked by Adkins just to see a comparison...

Final test for the EFI intake will be an E.T. test ...Bob looks forward to putting it on his car..

If the manifold works Galto will be able to digitize and duplicate the intake...

JTSLLC1
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2014 at 12:02am
JTSLLC1
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2014 at 12:04am
Intake roughed in with carbide burr..to be finished by Thursday's flow test...
JTSLLC1
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2014 at 12:05am
JTSLLC1
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2014 at 9:49am
JTSLLC1
Rogue401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2014 at 5:36pm
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by jtsllc1 jtsllc1 wrote:

Adkins suggested putting the dog leg in since the exhaust will flow better... So I guess the dog leg makes a difference even on a trapezoid head... These Trapezoid will flow enough to be able to use the 1 3/4 Grace Manifolds... 

Adkins will be developing the 2 ports then Galto Racing will be digitizing and 5 axis machining the rest of the ports to match..

I have reserved flow testing at Galto Racing  on Thursday to test the EFI intake converted to Carb attached to a ported head and then we will test a Torker reworked by Adkins just to see a comparison...

Final test for the EFI intake will be an E.T. test ...Bob looks forward to putting it on his car..

If the manifold works Galto will be able to digitize and duplicate the intake...

The spreading of the floor of the port is all for the Coanda effect.
The pressure drop caused by the increases in area sould in theory
make the slow side of the port get a high percentage of the flow
than it normally should.

It's why the dog leg port is so good.
Gremlin Dreams
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 12:19am
 I just back from the dyno and the Grace Manifolds was worth about 8 HP over the 1 5/8 Hedman header for Max Horsepower...

I still have to look at the dyno pulls to see what we had across the curve...

After that we started to do a little tuning we increased another 13 HP .. we did this with full exhaust.. So the little 292 comp cam was all done at 382 RWHP running full exhaust.... He did mention if I ran a clutch fan it would be worth 10 to 15 HP ( we did not run a fan on the stand 15 years ago)..... So lets say 397 RWH maybe...So in order for the motor to make 464 at the engine the drive train would have a 16 percent loss.... I'am sure 12,000 miles did not help... Runs 375 RWHP at 35 deg. so that is what I will run on the street...

Conclusion the 1 5/8 can run allot more HP that also goes for the Hedman Header .... 

The Hedman just has  fit and form issues.... Needs work before install.... But well worth the money...

I would have to say the Grace Manifolds would benefit more as the HP level of the motor build  increases..

I can conclude the tight 90 deg. Manifold does not decrease HP and definitely takes care of the fit form and function issues...

Thanks for following the journey of the Grace Manifolds now I will be returning to my day job and I'am looking forward to it... 

JTSLLC1
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 8:41am
So is this just an intellectual exercise or for purely personal use, or is this R & D for a product that will eventually be offered to the general public for purchase? Out of curiosity, I did a Google search for "Grace Manifolds" and nothing comes up for a company or corporation...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic