TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'09 AMC NATIONALS - Event Date: Sep/10/2009 - Sep/12/2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2009 at 5:48pm
As mentioned before we will have 4 brackets of AMC racing (plus the Friday night AMC Gamblers Race) so I will lay out the bracket breaks now:

Quick-Eight - Boxes Allowed
Super Pro - 0-11.99 - Boxes Allowed
Pro - 0-13.99 - No Boxes
Street - 14.00 up - No Boxes

So far we have $1600 donated for the "Quick-Eight" and I would like to thank the following for the "Quick-Eight":

AUSTIN NETTELER - A&K MACHINE SHOP
JOHN GARLAND - GARLAND PERFORMANCE
BARRY ALLEN - BARRY ALLEN PERFROMANCE
TIM HINCH - HINCH ACCOUNTING & TAX SERVICE
ED & JAN LOWERY - E&J AUTO SALVAGE
JOHN WARD - FAST LANE FABRICATIONS
FRED BREWER - FRED BREWER SALES
RAY WILLIAMS - PAYNE INVESTMENT GROUP
RICH FLUEGEL - NAMDRA MEMBER

Of course we are looking for more sponsors for the "Quick-Eight" bracket, so if you can help by donating or obtaining sponsors, vendors or manufacturers for cash and/or merchandise awards, let me know.

The way the "Quick-Eight" works is that at the drivers meeting (shortly before eliminations start), we will name the 8 quickest during time trials and ask them if they want to enter this bracket. If any one/s decline then we will go to the 9th./10th./etc. quickest.

Have fun with your AMC!!!
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2009 at 3:48pm
40 years ago, 1969, was a true year for hot rods for AMC so at this years '09 AMC NATIONALS, we will be honoring the 40th. anniversary of the SC/Rambler and the SS/AMX.
A "A" model, a "B" model SC/Rambler and a SS/AMX will be featured on the meets official T-Shirt. Plus we will award a cash awarde the the quickest SC/Rambler & SS/AMX in the races and a cash award for the top pints getting SC/Rambler and SS/AMX in the show portion of the meet.
Mr. Ambassador View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ambassador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2009 at 10:35am
Cordova or BUST !!!!! 4th Year attending and 3rd with a Car !!!!! Got My Vacation  planned !!!!  Clap
1968 Ambassador SST 2 Dr. Sport Coupe . 1966 Ambassador DPL Project AMO #9746
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2009 at 6:15pm
I have mentioned the AMC Gamblers race on Friday night, the 4 brackets of AMC Racing plus the "AMC ELIMINATOR" race on Saturday but I forgot to mention that Cordova Dragway Park will have their regular bracket program (open to all makes & models) on Saturday night. I talked to Scott Gardner, owner of Cordova, and he said he would let me know what the payouts for Saturday nights bracket program will be and when he does I will let you know. All I can say is if you like drag racing your AMC or AMC powered vehicle, the Friday and Saturday at the '09 AMC NATIONALS will have plenty of it for you to do!
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 4:19pm
Hello Jock, Just joined NAMDRA and live near you in Richmond. I am surprised I've seen no mention of security for the cars while at the motels. What have you guys been doing?   Don
they call me Capt RETIRED!
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 6:48pm
Speaking for a few of us, we are in the parking lot vigilantly guarding LOL them til about 2:30 am. After that time , there's generally a load of strategically placed beverage containers on and around the trailers. Any movement of the vehicles will cause a chain reaction of said containers falling and crashing to the ground thus waking someone............ I hope.
What do you have on your car/truck/trailer as far as any theft deterrents?
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 6:53pm
NADA
AMCJOCK View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCJOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 6:56pm
As far as security goes at the host motels, it is patrolled by the police at times plus the AMC'ers are out in the parking lot at all hours, and I mean all hours. What are they doing? Bench racing, watching videos, drinking beer and just plain bs'ing! Plus you can see the parking lot from most of the rooms. So far we have had no problems at the host motels as long as we been having the meet in Cordova. And if you are worried, maybe we can get some volunteers to patrol the parking lot in the late, late hours.
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by turbo turbo wrote:

NADA

I don't mind sharing my alarm with you but you'll have to leave a note in your car asking them to bump my trailer on the way out to set it off.
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2009 at 9:14pm
sweeeeet!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic