TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hot Rod Power Tour -- Attending??? - Event Date: Jun/09/2018 - Jun/15/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Hot Rod Power Tour -- Attending???
    Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 6:18am

So, who all is planning to attend? Thought about doing the Darlington/Raleigh/Charlotte leg, but decided to just attend the two events closest to home, Darlington and Charlotte. TomJ and I are planning on meeting up at least at Darlington. If you plan on attending post a phone number so we can get in touch with you at one of those two... and other attending AMCers can contact each other along the way. I have a shop available between Hampton and Darlington if someone gets in trouble. About 18 miles (20 minutes) from I-20 exit 39 (Fairview Road). So it's not an easy tow, but I have a lift available and there are parts stores within five miles.

If you don't want to post your phone number, send it to me in a PM with your e-mail address and name (not just handle here!) and I'll send an e-mail out to everyone a few days before the 9th.

My name/number: Frank Swygert, 803-604-6548. Call me if you get to Darlington. Might set up a dinner meeting somewhere, but most close-by restaurants are likely to be full.

Here is the list of venues and dates. Register at http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/. You will need your car license plate number.

• Saturday, June 9 – Bowling Green, KY
  • Beech Bend Raceway Park
  • Drag racing and autocross available for registered vehicles (FREE with registration)
  • Sunday, June 10 –Chattanooga, TN
  • Chattanooga State Community College
  • Monday, June 11 – Hoover, AL
  • Hoover Metropolitan Stadium
  • Autocross available for registered vehicles (FREE with registration)
  • Tuesday, June 12 – Hampton, GA
  • Atlanta Motor Speedway
  • Drag racing and autocross available for registered vehicles (FREE with registration)
  • Wednesday, June 13 – Darlington, SC
  • Darlington Raceway
  • Thursday, June 14 – Raleigh, NC
  • PNC Arena
  • Friday, June 15 – Concord, NC
  • zMAX Dragway
  • Drag racing available for registered vehicles (FREE with registration)
Frank Swygert
Saz2686 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saz2686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 7:43am
I would love to attend the Chattanooga show, if I get my rear main seal / oil leak done by then. I have a garage and a decent tool collection at my house in Manchester TN which is half way between Nashville and Chattanooga. If you are traveling from bowling green to Chattanooga on I-24 (which you probably will be) I am only 7 miles from I-24. Will update my attendance status. Call if you need help 908-601-5883 - Scott. . Saz2686@gmail.com

TRAFFIC ADVISORY! Bonaroo music festival in Manchester TN June 7 - 10. I-24 in Manchester will be slam packed on Saturday / Sunday. This is the preferred route from bowling green to Chattanooga. Typically Thursday and Friday are the worst for traffic in this area, and the interstate usually flows fairly well the entire time. Stay away from the town of Manchester the entire event. It’s crazy.
Scott - 73 Javelin. 401 engine. T5Z trans. 3.54 posi

wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 7:26pm
We're doing the whole tour. Leaving early Saturday morning from northwest Atlanta up I75 to head to bowling green. We'll be in a red 70 amx. There are four vehicles in our group but we are the only amc! Jeff and Lynn

I'll send you a pm with our info.

There was also another thread on here about the power tour too

Edited by wcamp70 - Apr/17/2018 at 7:34pm
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2018 at 8:52pm
The wife (Jane) and I are planning to do the whole tour in our yellow 67 Ambo if a couple of things work out. We'll most probably be there and we are looking forward to meeting everyone--- specially AMC'rs.

Bruce Clarkson
Bruce Clarkson
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2018 at 7:20pm
We had to back out due to family issue and not being able to get any road time on the car. Maybe next time.
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2018 at 11:47am
i'm going. driving out from Los Angeles. visiting friends in Santa Fe NM, so i'll leave for Bowling Green from there. out I40, but i plan on driving through the ozarks area, north-ish OK City.

will do some dropping in on the east coast (HI FRANK) (HI MARK) afterwards, head home from there. i'm considering driving to Wilmington SC so that i can drive the exact and entire length of I40 (it ends in Barstow, i'm often there) and take a stop-action movie of the whole drive. why? i dunno :-)

i figure i'll be on the road most of the month of june.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2018 at 10:02pm
It's an easy drive from Raleigh to the end of I-40. It's only a few hours. And ony few more from Concord where the end of the power tour is. You end up Wilmington NC though. 😁

Hopefully see you during the tour.
Bruce Clarkson
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 1:23am
my only excuse is that NC and SC seem like tiny dots on the map, very far away... once i get closer i'm sure they will become distinctly different :-)

likely i'll see you there!

maybe we should work up a way to contact each other for a get together? i know well-intentioned plans tend to collapse in the chaos of an event like this but we ought to try!

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 6:41am
Would be interesting seeing a yellow Ambo and a.... multi-hued 62 American roadster convoying over the country...
Frank Swygert
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 8:05pm
We will be in this.

Hope to see some amc'ers on the tour!
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic