TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 66 American Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 27>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 4:44pm
You do nice work!
RebelRay View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 8:49pm
Ollie,

It's coming along nicely!  I like the new console.  

Ray
smudge View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 8:58pm
looking great!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 9:00pm
I am very impressed by your console work. Nice job. Keep it up and you may be getting orders for custom consoles.
(one such order may be from me)
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2015 at 12:54pm
Back in the engine compartment now. Hope to get fired up by the end of the week.

I have made posts in the engine section under Clifford Headers. That is all sorted out now. Had some fitment issues, all solved. Had some carb issues, but that is solved. I don't personally like the way the carb sits but that's the way it ended up to work.

Got the fuel pressure regulator mounted.

Working on the water to the intake now. Fabing some brackets.
Ollie
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2015 at 1:27pm
Lookin' good, Ollie Don't forget the line to the vacuum advance on the distributor.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2015 at 3:11pm
We are mighty close to firing the Rambler up !!!! I am getting excited too as I know the Rambler wants to run !!

Plumbed water to the intake. I used heat shrink fittings as I would have had 300 lbs of metal clamps.   

All I am lacking now is getting the Lokar cables hooked up. Hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare, my luck has not been running to good with this Clifford package.

More pics..http://www.ollie.phanfare.com/6919970

Listen for the rumbling sound from the Southland...{The Rambler}
Ollie
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2015 at 3:25pm
You are a hoot.
Let us know when you are about to fire it up - I'll stand and listen carefully for it.
RebelRay View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2015 at 3:59pm
Ollie, I'm so envious!  I just got a gasket set for my motor, let alone getting it in the car and ready to run!  She looks mighty fine, my friend.  Good job!

Ray
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2015 at 4:02pm
Ollie, what are those heat shrink fittings on the hoses? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. Is this a new technology? Inquiring minds want to know.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 27>
  Share Topic