TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 66 American Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 4:20pm
Ollie,

Where did you buy your carpet kit?  It looks like it really fits well.  I need to order one.

Thanks,

Matt
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 8:59pm
Ollie makes his own.  I've see his car... he has done a great job on it.
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 11:51pm
Very cool, he can do it all. Never have seen it in person but it looks like a great ride.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

I have a suggestion for you Ollie, get a fuel filter for a fuel injected car with the same size fuel line. The filters have a much smaller micron rating than one for a carburetor. I ran one on my car with a 5/16" line from a 1990 Dodge Daytona. There's one with 3/8" nipples for a late 80's Chevy truck that works good too. That will keep that carb clean. Wink

Thanks for the info Keith.......I going to investigate that more..

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 8:01am
Originally posted by AMXTRA AMXTRA wrote:

Great looking car..Do you have any pictures of the seats in the car? What did they come out of?  Thanks

The seats are out of a Chrysler Sebring convertible. I love them because they have the integrated belts. (Click link and scroll down to see seats)

Seats

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Sep/15/2018 at 8:22am
AMXTRA View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

Originally posted by AMXTRA AMXTRA wrote:

Great looking car..Do you have any pictures of the seats in the car? What did they come out of?  Thanks

The seats are out of a Chrysler Sebring convertible. I love them because they have the integrated belts. (Click link and scroll down to see seats)

Seats

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Great!!  Thanks!!
74 AMC JAVELIN HIGH SCHOOL CAR
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2018 at 1:01pm
YAA-HOOO.....Took The Rambler for a ride and he running like a Champ that he is !!! I think he has actually been idling rough for awhile and I didn't actually notice it.........

Chopper Bob gets a gold star too !!! The 727 transmission adjustment was also a big deal. No more banging when it shifts into third.

Looking forward to our next big run to the Halloween Car Show in Houston, Texas. It is really a awesome open show sponsored by the Houston Mopar Connection Car Club. Show

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2019 at 9:14am
"The Rambler" has suffered from a couple of "incidents" in the past couple weeks..........

I guess that he is being a bit moody because of all the sitting around and not be driven.....Confused

The other day i had to move vehicles around the shop, which involved getting "The 69" relocated to the paint booth. The Rambler started up just fine and i let him warm up to temperature good and then took him for a lap around the block just to exercise him a bit. All was cool.

The next morning when i walked into the shop there was a big puddle of water under him. I discovered that the plastic heater hose adapter that resizes the hose from 3/4" to 5/8" had busted. I fixed that.

Wednesday was the first pretty sunny day in quite awhile so we were going to take The Rambler on our grocery store run. Well it was not meant to be........the battery was deader than a door nail.  Nada..nothing !!!!   I put the charger on him and the next morning he cranked right up. Moved him outa of the shop, shut him off to go close the door and when attempting to restart....nothing. My 4 year, to the date, 5 year Interstate battery has bit the dust...........Cry

Rapid Delivery to the rescue. I snatched out his battery and now "The Rambler" is back in business......We went for a 10 mile cruise  and upon return i got steam coming off my radiator.............more    Censored

This is the plan for today...I am hoping that when the water hose broke all that water and antifreeze blew into the radiator and it was just "burning off" yesterday. It was cool, only in the low 50's and the electric fan never came on.  I will get my water hose and wash off the radiator real good and take it from there. 

The radiator was re-cored exactly 9 years ago. Hope it doesn't have to go back to the shop.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2019 at 11:33am
AMC word are never fun... You may as well keep Rapid!
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2019 at 2:07pm
I think he is jealous of all the attention your giving the other car 
don  
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>
  Share Topic