TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My 1967 AMC Marlin Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2016 at 1:03am
Good work and cool Marlin. While at the Rambler Ranch recently Terry had three (65, 66, 67). I had never seen one in person. Just awe struck. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2016 at 6:13pm
A fellow Marlin owner asked me if my passenger door had a string of numbers written on its inside, and it sure does. Then, he asked me if the numbers matched the end of my VIN. I checked, and yes again. Since he's seen this on other Marlins, he figured it was part of the assembly process in some way. Pretty cool to contribute to the compendium of 1967 Marlin carchaeology! The ID is upside down with the door installed.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Dec/30/2023 at 9:14pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2016 at 7:29pm
Removed the chrome grill surrounds and welded in the mounting holes like what's been done on the body panels. Also repainted the grill and the radiator baffle plates.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Jul/31/2021 at 5:10pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2016 at 3:26pm
Finally a new photo of the Marlin since the de-chroming and welding went down. I like the "tiger shark" look Cool

Edited by 67 Marlin - Jul/31/2021 at 5:11pm
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2016 at 3:08pm
Brought the Marlin out to the monthly meeting of the cool cars at the local Big Boy.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Feb/01/2020 at 5:53pm
mitchito View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2016 at 1:59pm
Looking good. I just lost an Ebay auction for a '67 Marlin. It needed a total reso. Hopefully whoever bought it will restore it. Can't wait to see it painted up.
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2017 at 5:29pm
Finished the last of the planned de-chroming. No nasty surprises under the rocker panel covers. The covers were adopted by a fellow Forum member and will help another AMC to live on.

Edited by 67 Marlin - Jul/31/2021 at 5:21pm
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2017 at 7:16pm
Good luck and thanks for sharing. Love the Marlin!
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
ErnieL View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2017 at 10:00am
I love your car, Man. Awesome job so far, and the red paint will look great.

I see your car keeps company with fine friends. 57 Retrac and a Hawk aren't bad neighbors to have.
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2017 at 10:05pm
When removing the rocker panel covers, I saw what I thought were bubble rusts on the lower quarter panel behind the wheel arch. What?! Found more on the other side. Great. Pressed on the biggest spot with my finger but there was no squishing rust sound. Stuck my head inside the trunk and the bubbles looked like dents from the inside. Cleaned off the primer with a scouring wheel and sure enough there are little dents poking out. One of the two previous owners must have put something in the trunk that shifted while cornering. I can deal with dents; it's better than dealing with rust!

Edited by 67 Marlin - Dec/30/2023 at 9:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic