TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

67 Ambassador Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhpdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:19am
Oops, posted a blank page. See my next post for details and pictures. 

Edited by fhpdave - Jan/30/2015 at 10:39am
Old enough to know better - young enough not to care
fhpdave View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhpdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:36am
Haven't posted in a while, but progress on my car goes on, it's just  being slowed down by the cold weather. I have to give a shout out to forum member Myther who went above and beyond in the shipping department so that I now have some nice metal for the driver quarter panel. While the Beach Boys sang about California girls, I have to say I love California sheet metal. I also welded in the repair piece on the inner wheel well, and waiting on a warmer day to tackle the actual outer skin I also picked up some new wheel bling that I polished in the warm basement.
Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 6:22pm
Enjoyed looking at the progress of your Ambassador. My '67 Ambassador is used as a driver. We put a bunch of miles on it last Summer--- something like 15K--- and loved it. Once you get it on the road, you should find it a great car on a trip.

Bruce Clarkson
Bruce Clarkson
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 7:29am
'Tacky throw pillows'? This car has them? -I knew they came with '66 Rebels but didn't know Ambos got them too... came with stock upgrade interior option?

I think that since it came with the pillows, it must retain the rear seat base mounting design which allowed the dealer accessory braces to 'lay down the seats'? -the braces are apparently not commonly discussed even among AMC insiders? I deliberately posted pics of my Marlin's braces, having them 'slipped into position' & show how the seats lay down on my old Marlin pages amcramblermarlin.1colony.com -the braces kinda look like bent tuning forks

AMC instructions told how to slip in the braces (remove the headrests) and gently lift up the rear seat slightly to let the fully reclined front seat backs to drop into position...

the pillows help make the seats 'smooth out' when they are laid down = this is another AMC PRIDE thing
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 7:38am
'69 AMC Ambassador was first US made car to have standard air conditioning!

Ambassadors have AMC's most highly evolved air conditioning system with relay and circuit breaker on blower fan for high volume air blast? and great Rambler style fresh air ventilation (nice cooling for 'executive type' person's fingertips on steering wheel! -how many new cars have that?)

This car should have a very plush, highly engineered ride quality -on par with same vintage Cadillac -no doubt-

AMC PRIDE!
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 8:32am
Only the Ambassador DPL and Rebel top of the line SST 2 door hardtops in 66 and 67 with the Custom Interior option had the throw pillows. While the seats do fully recline they do not fall quite flat. At least on the 67 models the rear seats did not have the detachable brackets to support the backrest in full recline.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
fhpdave View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhpdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 11:00am
One of my many "quests" for this car is to add factory AC while it is all apart. I have all the under dash stuff, a complete thermostat with wiring harness  and a mint right side dash pad in black. I have a line on a 68 parts car that I am hoping to get the drivers side quarter panel/inner wheel-well from. It has AC, so I am hoping to make a deal on the control panel as well as the under hood stuff that I need. Unfortunatly the drivers side dash pad is not good, so the search goes on.
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by amcenthusiast amcenthusiast wrote:

'69 AMC Ambassador was first US made car to have standard air conditioning!

I thought it was the 1968's ( and maybe even some 67 built Ambos?)  I asked Wiki thru google and got this"

American Motors made air conditioning standard equipment on all AMC Ambassadors starting with the 1968 model year, a first in the mass market with a base price starting at $2,671. By 1969, 54% of the domestic automobiles were equipped with air conditioning, with the feature needed not only for passenger comfort, but also to increase the car's resale value.

Sorry Dave, I sold the seat recliner handles last year on Ebay. No one wanted them here. My window cranks have the knob ends buggered up.
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
Concours dude View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concours dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 8:05pm
Wheel cover looks nice!    All four with those spinners will really pop that convert.
Past owned:
62 Classic 400
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
AMCRC #1929
AMO #10029
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 8:12pm
I just remembered seeing, in the last week or so,  a NOS under dash evaporator unit on Craigslist, maybe WI? for $100. It's not an AMX or Javelin unit or I would have picked it up.
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic