TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

a bit of a Amx project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a bit of a Amx project
    Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 1:56am
Hi guys, , well I went to  see a guy about a month ago who lives about 4 hours drive from me to pick up a 343 to put into my Javelin as my old 390 was a bit sick, this dude has 3 AMX's and when I got there he offered me his project one so of course I bought it LOLConfused, it has been sandblasted and etch primed ready for some rust repairs , most bits are there though I'll have to find another motor and box, it was originally a 390 car ,done 67000 miles , being in New Zealand I may have to use a 304 out of a rebel as they were assembled here and you do come across them now and again, whats the best site to buy online? I 've looked at www.americanpartsdepot.com and it seems to be pretty good
Confused

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 1:57am
and here's some of the bits it came with

amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 8:58am
There is something about all of us AMC guys that we never seem to be content with just one project.  Some get finished and some never quite get there.  Regardless, it sure is fun to find a new project regardless of whether or not we actually have the time to work on it!
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 9:07am
It's a basket case, but it doesn't look like you have a basket.   LOL  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 11:04am
What is it you looking for to buy "on line"? Some venders (I think) are better for somethings than others and why I asked.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
amcrules00 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcrules00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

It's a basket case, but it doesn't look like you have a basket.   LOL  Joe

I clearly see a yellow and another white basket in that second pict.
If you look through the vendor list posted here on the forum, you'll find pretty much all of the online sites listed for our cars.
No one vendor has everything you'll need to complete your project. Good or bad, Ebay is a resource many use as well. Good luck with it.

Edited by amcrules00 - Dec/28/2010 at 11:49am
70MarkDonohue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 1:03pm
Look like my AMX in a box. but it primer red.

Edited by 70MarkDonohue - Dec/28/2010 at 1:09pm
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 3:58pm
QUOTE=mopar63]whats the best site to buy online? I 've looked at www.americanpartsdepot.com and it seems to be pretty good[/QUOTE]

You won't go wrong with APD, but check out the Vendor Section here on the Forum once you know specifically what you're looking for.
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Mountainmoron Mountainmoron wrote:

QUOTE=mopar63]whats the best site to buy online? I 've looked at www.americanpartsdepot.com and it seems to be pretty good

You won't go wrong with APD, but check out the Vendor Section here on the Forum once you know specifically what you're looking for.
[/QUOTE]
sweet cheers for that , mainly after bushes and brake parts so yep mite look at using APD

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2011 at 12:47am
ok so it seems that the donk I just swapped out of my Javelin- a 390 - was the original motor for this AMX, it 's a really small place , the AMC world in NZ ,nevermind -( I swapped it for a good 343 which is what my Javelin was originally) , anyway I've arranged to buy a recond 290 and auto plus any missing bits  so am quite happy so far, will be a good winter project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic